“My second home in Shanghai”

Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong
Ranked #141 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel 3 times and each time for about 6 weeks. I picked this location as it's relatively close to Zhangjiang High Tech park (20mins by taxi), but not too far away from all the action. The subway station is right in front of the hotel and taxi's are easy enough to get. Be warned of the dark red taxi's, they modify their meter to charge you more. Actually a lot of the taxi's do so I recommend only taking the light green or yellow green colored ones.

There is a good buffet in the hotel for dinner and has a beautiful view of the city (did I mention all you can drink beer is included). Should you miss your North American fast food McDonald's is across the street, but you can also go to the Babaiban area by taxi and have a better selection (go to the big building that says 'Food') of restaurants.

All in all the hotel was good for the value. Clean rooms and attentive staff....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Relaxed Traveller2013, thank you for your comments regarding your repeat stay with us. We were pleased to read of your feedback regarding great location, nice restaurant with city and river view, thank you.

we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong.
You're in for a great stay.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good rooms, very good location
No wifi connection in the room - inconvenient for people on business travel. Have to go to the lobby every time you need to connect to the wifi. Even for SPG members
Also, the internet connection in the room is extremely slow. Was not able to complete any work on the net.

Not a good place to stay if you are on a business visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residenceand Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your candid comments.

With regards to the internet service at the hotel we completely agree. We are currently working on upgrading our facilities to ensure we have High Speed Wireless available in all rooms and public areas. We plan to have this project completed within the next two months.

Again, I must apologize for the inconvenience you endured. I know we can do better therefore I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Of course, if I can assist in future bookings please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Nothing special at all!

Rooms very so so... Internet connection in rooms so terrible bad - I stay in the upper floors.

Had to pay 7 USD for a mineral water in the reception. Reception staff didn't speak well English and acted very arrogant to me. Also, they didn't have an adaptor I could borrow for my laptop so had to go out and buy one.

I used the gym several times but they had no staff there. I wanted to buy a mineral water during my gym session but couldn't. So I went to the sports bar in the hotel just next to the gym and they had no mineral water but only soda and beers?! Then I took the lift up to my room and took a water from my mini bar instead.... Wasn't a good experience too. Gym is very poor with only a couple of old machines. It's very dark and only has very very small windows in the top of one of the walls.

Will never be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chris V
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I must apologize for the disappointment you received from your recent stay. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve. I have copied our Management in charge of operation, who will address the issue with related departments and hopeful to having found a solution, which we will then execute in the near future.

Mr. Chris V, please accept our apologies for the disappointment and we do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future and you are welcome to contact either myself or hotel manager at any time we can assist to ensure your complete wellbeing in travel.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Pudong in October 2012, as part of a Sinorama tour. The front desk staff was very attentive, and everyone spoke English well. Wifi contection was good in the lobby. The hotel is 5 minute walk to the River, but a long walk to the main area of the Bund. We took a taxi one night to the Peace Hotel and the cost was about 3 dollars. Taxi's are very inexpensive in Shanghai. The cruise ship terminal is at the end of the street on the river, so 5 minute walk away.There were a couple of convinence stores across the street, to buy snacks or wine, but I didn't see a shopping mall here. I would consider this hotel we were leaving on a cruise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marby1
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit. .

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This was our second hotel in China. Thought it was very nice. Room smaller than hotel in Donguan but bathroom shower still great!. Do agree that the TV selection left a lot to be desired. Loved the fact that the hotel was right across the street from a giant outdoor mall. Even had a starbucks which was an extra treat. Gym was FANTASTIC for a hotel gym...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank karenkatz73
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residenceand Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your valuable comments.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest satisfaction surveythat you rated us,even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, esp. for perfect gym and good location, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed three nights in this hotel in Oct 2012. The place definitely needs a renovation.
There were stains on the carpet, worn out wooden door frames, cracked tiles in the shower...
and the tv channel selection sucks. The room had been designed nicely but poorly maintained.
The floor of the shower box didn't have proper tilt to allow the water flow to the drain so water would stand on the flower which is border line safety/health issue. There was some work done on the floor which was completed by uneven white color grout messing up the original tiles, sign of the fact that the standard of work acceptance at the hotel is very low.

There are two hotels on this property and by looks of the lobby, the Sheraton (not the Four Points Sheraton) is the newer of the two. The lobby of the Four points has this old sad 80s design with much shorter ceilings.

We did have room internet included in our package. I think you can get a lot more for your money in Shanghai and I'm disappointed that we took a few clients to this hotel because of its name. I would not go back or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BizTravelover

I must apologize for the disappointment you received from your recent stay. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve. I have copied our Hotel Manager who will address the issue with Housekeeping and Engineering. In regards to room facilities &hopeful to having found a solution, which we will then execute in the near future.

Mr. Biz travelover, please accept our apologies for the disappointment and we do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future and you are welcome to contact either myself or Mr. Anis who is the Managing Director at any time we can assist to ensure your complete wellbeing in travel.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This visit as been wonderful. The rooms are terrific with the exception of a slight odour noticeable on entering my room. I suspect it is from the drain pipes (sewer gas smell?).

The room, although it has ashtrays, does not smell. It has a shower with a window into the room itself. There is an electric switch to raise/lower the blind.

The room has twin beds, a fabulous view and terrific staff. English is not a problem in general.

The breakfast buffet is the best I have ever had at any hotel over the years. Great variety and excellent quality, with gourmet cheeses, quiches, baked breads, fruit, cappuccino coffee, and everything else you would want at a breakfast. Open from 6:30 to 10 on the 2nd floor, it is phenomenal. This was included with my room rate as part of a package at a conference rate along with internet.

I'd recommend this hotel without any hesitation. The subway station outside is Tangquio Station on line 4. Great hotel experience. Many thanks to all the staff here.

Room Tip: Higher up, facing the Bund.