Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$71
Hotels.com$71
Booking.com$71
Trip.com$72
eDreams$71
Travelocity$71
All reviews metro station clean hotel buffet breakfast taxi business china westerners
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed three nights in this hotel in Oct 2012. The place definitely needs a renovation.
There were stains on the carpet, worn out wooden door frames, cracked tiles in the shower...
and the tv channel selection sucks. The room had been designed nicely but poorly maintained.
The floor of the shower box didn't have proper tilt to allow the water flow to the drain so water would stand on the flower which is border line safety/health issue. There was some work done on the floor which was completed by uneven white color grout messing up the original tiles, sign of the fact that the standard of work acceptance at the hotel is very low.

There are two hotels on this property and by looks of the lobby, the Sheraton (not the Four Points Sheraton) is the newer of the two. The lobby of the Four points has this old sad 80s design with much shorter ceilings.

We did have room internet included in our package. I think you can get a lot more for your money in Shanghai and I'm disappointed that we took a few clients to this hotel because of its name. I would not go back or recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank BizTravelover
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I must apologize for the disappointment you received from your recent stay. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve. I have copied our Hotel Manager who will address the issue with Housekeeping and Engineering. In regards to room facilities &hopeful to having found a solution, which we will then execute in the near future.

Mr. Biz travelover, please accept our apologies for the disappointment and we do hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future and you are welcome to contact either myself or Mr. Anis who is the Managing Director at any time we can assist to ensure your complete wellbeing in travel.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This visit as been wonderful. The rooms are terrific with the exception of a slight odour noticeable on entering my room. I suspect it is from the drain pipes (sewer gas smell?).

The room, although it has ashtrays, does not smell. It has a shower with a window into the room itself. There is an electric switch to raise/lower the blind.

The room has twin beds, a fabulous view and terrific staff. English is not a problem in general.

The breakfast buffet is the best I have ever had at any hotel over the years. Great variety and excellent quality, with gourmet cheeses, quiches, baked breads, fruit, cappuccino coffee, and everything else you would want at a breakfast. Open from 6:30 to 10 on the 2nd floor, it is phenomenal. This was included with my room rate as part of a package at a conference rate along with internet.

I'd recommend this hotel without any hesitation. The subway station outside is Tangquio Station on line 4. Great hotel experience. Many thanks to all the staff here.

Room tip: Higher up, facing the Bund.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residenceand Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your valuable comments.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest satisfaction survey that you rated us,even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Good location , rooms are good but has a few missing elements.

No Wifi - it is a nightmare in this age without wifi. I am not even talking about free wifi - there is just no wifi.

Front desk - is understaffed - service is good but there is always a queue.

Date of stay: September 2012
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your candid comments.

With regards to the internet service at the hotel we completely agree. We are currently working on upgrading our facilities to ensure we have High Speed Wireless available in all rooms and public areas. We plan to have this project completed within the next few months.

Again, I must apologize for the inconvenience you endured. I know we can do better therefore I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Of course, if I can assist in future bookings please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Checked in this hotel late at night after flying in from Singapore. The desk clerk seemed unsure of our reservations (i was traveling with 3 colleagues from the US) and he coughed and sneezed all over our passports, room keys, and credit cards. Meanwhile we watched the bell desk captain ignore a ringing phone until it rang over 20 times, and the security manager come in through the front door only to have it slam in the face of a Chinese female guest with both arms filled with luggage. The rooms must have been quite nice 2-3 years ago but now appeared somewhat unclean. The best part of this hotel is that they have a wonderful free bus service that take you to Ningbo directly to the Sheraton Ningbo (a wonderful hotel).
I was told a new General Manager was arriving to this hotel from another Sheraton property in a few days. He has a big challenge ahead to turn the apathetic team members around.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residenceand Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your candid comments.

Judging from the scores you’ve rated us, we may have failed in meeting your expectations in the area of general service. It is regrettable that we missed this opportunity to impress you by our Sheraton service. Meanwhile, I’ve marked on your profile in regarding hotel general service and attitude.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you. I know that we can do better, so please do not hesitate to contact me if I can assist in future bookings.

Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Went to Shanghai for a weekend for the first time. After seing the rewievs here had mixed impression. But upon arrival everything confirmed that the hotel is great!
We took the speed train and metro from Pudong airport, it took us 30-40 min to get to the hotel. The metro station is right next to the hotel, the door man opened the doors, welcomed us. Check in took us 3 min. The room was ready, clean, on the 9th floor. And that was not the highest!!! It was clean, good size.
Concierge was helpful, fine English level.
To get around is very easy and fast.
Check out was fast, around 2 min. The door man took us from the front desk out, explained how to get to the airport, super nice!
Would love to go back there!!!

1  Thank Yulia B
Elaine B, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Shanghai, Pudong, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

I was very pleased to learn from our guest satisfaction surveythat you rated us,even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

I would like to take the opportunity for recognizing the efforts of our concierge colleagues; it was a pleasure to convey your comments to them.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.

Thank you once again.