Stayed for 7 nights on business. Great location, walking distance to our office, and handy for everywhere else. Room was very comfortable, lovely bathroom.
Breakfast was fairly standard for this type of hotel, but if you like eggs benedict, omelette etc cooked fresh to order then ask the chef as it's not advertised at every table.
Do use the spa, I didn't have any treatments, but used the hot tub, sauna and steam room one evening and had it all to myself.
We used the bar once only, it was very quiet, but comfortable chairs, good wine selection but usual fairly steep hotel prices. The hotel is really only missing a couple of things: a pool, and some outside space / bar to unwind after a long day.
Staff English was good, and all were friendly and helpful.
Laundry service was efficient, and there was the nice touch of turndown service (with chocolates!!) if you wanted it!
This hotel is a great base in Shanghai, make a point of visiting Nanjing Road for shops, bars and restaurants a short walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the center of Shanghai with endless flow of people, there is a place that could take you back to the 1930s to appreciate the golden age of Shanghai. That is The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai.The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, an Art Deco masterpiece infused with gold age of Shanghai, owns the superior geographical position. Located in the People's Square, centre of Shanghai, the hotel enjoys convenient access to all parts of the city with the Shanghai Metro Lines 1/2/8 less than 30 meters from the hotel. Moreover, the hotel is bordered by major cultural and entertainment highlights within walking distance, such as Nanjing Pedestrian Road, People's Park, the Raffles City, the Shanghai Museum, and the Shanghai Grand Theatre.This hotel attracts guests with its private and graceful environment instead of the splendid and magnificent impression. The stained glass dome looks so gorgeous with carved staircase winding up. The candlelit crystal lighting collocates with palatial valance creating the elegant and sumptuous atmosphere. The unique collections displayed on the wall of guest room floor corridors, such as jewelry boxes, manual-shaving-hair tools, ancient door latch, traditional pipes, ladies' hand bags, Hawksbill needles, cookie boxes, etc, all tell guests the history of Shanghai. Entering each room, the song " Rose, Rose, I love you" reminds each guest of the prosperity of the old Shanghai with its sweet voice and nostalgia melody. Standing on the guest room private balcony, you could feel the quick pace of the modern city while retrospect the past good times at the same time.Yangtze Hotel, the predecessor of The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, opened in 1934, owns 80 years of history. Decorated with lavish art deco style, this hotel was touted as "The Third Largest Hotel in the Far East" by the renowned architect, Li Pan. This hotel used to be a popular social resort gathered many celebrities and movie stars, and it was exactly the birthplace of the most classic and well-known song "Rose, Rose, I love you". In order to inherit this cultural heritage, Yangtze Boutique reserves this song as the background music in the room, and names one suit of room as "Rose Suite" to be one of the signature of the hotel, which becomes the favorites of many guests. Over the past 80 years, the Yangtze Hotel witnessed the ups and downs of Shanghai. In 2009, the Yangtze Hotel was renovated gorgeously and re-emerged in a great sumptuous way, reserving the classic Art Deco design style while mixing the 1930s old Shanghai style together. Just like the time flying back, The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai guides guests back to the glamorous and extravagant life in old Shanghai with great charm and elegant demeanor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham Yangtze Boutique Hotel Shanghai
- Langham Yangtze Boutique Shanghai
- Langham Yangtze Boutique Hotel Shanghai