“A real gem!”

The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai
Ranked #52 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Last week I stayed 4 nights at this hotel with great location and utmost service. Simply one of the best hotels I ever stayed. Spacious rooms, unhurried atmosphere at breakfast and attentive service throughout the stay makes Yangze Hotel a real gem in hotel business. First choice for a hotel next time in Shanghai!

Room Tip: I stayed at low floor ( 3th ) and still no harm of noise from the street:)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Booked this property prior to it changing from a Langham Hotel. I was a little worried the property may of been dropped for not meeting Langham standards but that did not seem to be the issue. The good: location could not of been better, you are very close to shopping, the Bund, parks and museums. The room was huge, wonderful tub with separate shower. There were several English channels on the large flat screen TV. Front desk staff was English speaking, helpful and the hostess who took us to our room very friendly. Could of been better: Free wifi in the lobby was terrible and it would of been nice to be able to have a drink in the lounge before 4pm. Made arrangements for a cab at a set time with the front desk and no cab was their and one was not available to take use to our appointment, we waited 15 mins and decided to walk the 2 miles to our appointment and was late. When I made this reservation directly with Langham I booked for 2 adults and a child in a king room. When I got to the room there was no cot or hide a bed for my son so I requested one. At check out I was charged an extra bed charge of $50.00 a night. This would of been fine if I had been informed when I requested it. I had just checked out of the Langham in Hong Kong 2 days earlier and their was no charge for a cot, I did not like this surprise!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I agree with most of the previous reviewers. This hotel is absolutely superb, definitely one of the best city hotels I have ever stayed in.

I visited Shanghai at the end of a tour of China and wanted the last hotel of my trip to be a bit luxurious. I was not at all disappointed.

The room was very large as was the bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable. The air con/heating worked well. The shower was excellent. The wifi was fast and reliable, probably the best of the 5 hotels I stayed in.

There is a great team here who provide excellent service, but in a friendly and not overbearing way.

As others have said the hotel is well located with easy access to key destinations by metro, taxi and on foot.

Whilst the breakfast wasn't the very best I have had in an Asian hotel it was very good, and I enjoyed the fact that the restaurant were you have breakfast is not huge so you benefit from the great service.

I didnt have any other meals or try the spa, but have no reason to think they wouldnt match the very high standards elsewhere in the hotel.

I highly recommend this hotel and thank all the team there for serving me so well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel has great style, excellent service, spacious rooms and very good breakfast, moreover it is really centrally located. I cannot write anything bad about it, it was the best hotel we tried in Shanghai.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagementTLSHA, General Manager at The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments referring to your stay at The Yangtze Boutique, Shanghai.
We are glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us. We would like to thank you for giving us high recommendation and it would be my pleasure to welcome you on your next visit to Shanghai.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Absolutely loved staying in this hotel. Perfect location, close to the Metro and museums and only a short walk from The Bund. Beautiful plush interior, very comforting and very well maintained. Breakfast was lovely, didn't dine here but I believe it has an award winning restaurant. Would highly recommend this hotel for anyone stopping for a few days in Shanghai.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor reviewer,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to the Yangtze Boutique Shanghai and for having your time to write about us on the Trip Advisor website. It’s truly a pleasure to know that you were enjoying our accommodations and our service.

We are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here over New Year with a friend in one of the junior suites. I had been wanting to stay there for quite some time as I am a big fan of art deco interiors. I was not disappointed! The lobby area was very lavish and glitzy and well done in with lots of golds and reds and black. The room was great - big, clean, nice art deco design (but more subtle than the lobby) and bathroom was really good too with rainfall shower and separate bath. All the amenities and products were very nice and high quality.

Location was very convienient. Close to People's Square and easy to get a taxi from.

We didn't eat at any of the restaurants apart from the breakfast which was included with our package. It was really good with lots of Asian and Western choices. All very delicious.

Only two small annoying points - first was check-in took a bit longer and there was some confusion about two men sharing a room. Between the two people behind the counter we had to confirm 3 or 4 times that we were in fact sharing and that we were both men. Took them a while for our check-in staff to compute what was going on. Second, the first evening we were there housekeeping kept ringing the doorbell while I was taking a nap, despite the Do Not Disturb being on. Apart from that, everything was great! Would love to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
ManagementTLSHA, General Manager at The Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor reviewer,

On behalf of the team of the Yangtze Boutique Shanghai, we would like to express our sincere gratitude for your valuable feedbacks which have been shared with everyone concerned. On the staff service point, this is certainly not the image or the experience we wish our residents to have and we are already working to ensure on the improvement of the service. We are so glad that you like the hotel. Thank you for choosing the Yangtze Boutique Shanghai and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really liked this hotel a lot. Lovely staff, nice rooms, clean, good vibes. Good location - walking distance to Bund if you feel like it, easy and cheap to get a cab in you prefer. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Trip Advisor reviewer,

We are glad to see that you had a pleasant stay with us. We would like to thank you for giving us high recommendation and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.