Tripadvisor

from $100.00
More Info
from $108.00
More Info
All reviews tea village local street food excellent tour guide water town day tour bullet train hotel lobby french concession hangzhou knowledge itinerary sights culture english interests china gems
Selected filters
Reviewed January 5, 2020 via mobile

Scarlet is a great guide who took us to various interesting places and had detailed information. She was flexible with her plans incorporating our suggestions too also guided us to an awesome vegan restaurant as per our preference.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Scarlett is is just as much if not more than I expected. Her service is not a generic touristy series of stops. She does her own independent research of the places she took my to that were "off the beaten path" where the locals actually frequent. Since I'm learning Mandarin, it was a great opportunity for me to engage with the locals of Shangai. One example is a top we made to a small area where locals shop at a tea shop. We got to try quite a few premium teas, and Scarlett was very patient in helping me learn the language along the way. If you know a bit about Chinese culture, she can provide relatable perspective from a local's standpoint.
It's my first trip to China, and didn't have an agenda for sightseeing at all. She was able to get me going in the right direction for the next few days to make the most of my visit here.

Reviewed December 11, 2019

Scarlett is nothing short of delightful. She had a list of ideas for things we could do or see on our two tour days, but was also open to anything we wanted as well. We took the metro, walked, and hailed cabs to get us to our destinations- all with great ease. Her lunch and snack choices were also a complete hit. But, truthfully, that's just the start. If you're looking for a tour guide that's friendly, knowledgable, funny, and wonderful- Scarlett is your girl. She knows her history, fun facts, and hidden gems. If I could give her 1,000 stars, I would.
Scarlett, thank you for such a wonderful two days in Shanghai and for teaching us so much about your city. We hope to come back soon to see you!!

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank wheretonextmaam
Reviewed December 6, 2019 via mobile

Scarlett hosted a day tour in Shanghai for an important customer of my company. She really ensures all angles are covered. Great schedule and organization. We had such a great day and customer was very pleased. We definitively will work with Scarlett again during our next trip to China.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019

I have done a few private full day tours in different countries and this tour with Scarlett did not disappoint! Because of the excellent tripadvisor reviews, I emailed her a few months in advance to see if she was available, she was quick to reply and enthusiastic about offering me the experience I was looking for.

I told her that I wasn't looking for a "highlights" tour, rather a way to see the city from a local's perspective and how the neighborhoods had changed. We did most of our exploring by foot, but also took a few taxis and the metro a couple of times. Scarlett was very flexible and open to showing your whatever you'd like to see e.g. we didn't go to the bund :)

Generally, I like to support women owned businesses and hardworking entrepreneurs--Scarlett is a great example of both. She takes her business (just she and her friend) very seriously and aims to please every client and their unique likes/dislikes. She spends her days off learning more about the city and creating a repository of things that travelers may enjoy. For example, she told me about a private garden that if the owner is home, she'd let us walk around--that sounded like fun to me, so Scarlett gave her a call but she wasn't home at the moment so we skipped that activity. Regardless, that's exactly the type of guide that you want--someone who "gets" you and helps customize the day adhoc with things that you'd like.

When we ended the day, I told her that I'd like to get a foot massage somewhere cheap/local that's walking distance to my hotel. She looked on China's version of yelp, saw that I place was offering a discount if you paid online, so she just called the place to ask if they would honor the cheaper rate if we just came in, they said yes. The massage was a blind massage (meaning, the masseuse was blind) and located on the ground floor of a very residential apartment building. Scarlett walked me over there and explained exactly what I wanted and then she left for the day. This is exactly what I wanted and couldn't have done it without her.

Overall, my day with Scarlett was perfect and I would highly recommend her!

Date of experience: November 2019