All reviews rooms are small place to stay technician closet shower gym
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here two nights while my daughter and her friend were visiting me from Canada. We stayed here two night and were quite happy with the room. The hotel and room were very clean and the staff were super friendly. The beds were great but like others said the rooms were very small. This was no problem because we just slept, showered and were gone early. The only problem we had was the WIFI wouldn’t work. We asked a couple of time but even the hotel staff couldn’t get it working. I would definitely stay here again.

Steve

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

Be sure that you know what room type you have booked. Although they tell you the room has windows there are rooms with windows looking straight into someone elses room.

The walls are quite thin so you would hear clearly whats happening outside or muffles of people speaking next door. Rooms are quite small but just enough for one.

I required a room with window looking outside as I like natural sunlight and the hotel just did that but made me upgrade another 280rmb that allowed me to have breakfast every morning.

The hotel is quite chic but a bit worn out. The shower water was very weak that i normal 10 minute shower became 15-20 minutes instead.

The cleaning lady was very nice and the hotel provided me a lot more cotton as each pack only had one which is never enough for a woman to take off her make up and clean my face.

I couldn't figure out the tv. The technician had to help me but after i turned off i coulsnt get it back again. Provided I know Chinese i was still a bit lost.

Overall, still not bad! The hotel provided umbrellas on rainy days as well. Convenient location.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2018

It's very easy to find excellent and fairly expensive hotels in Shanghai, but the CitiGO works well when you want a more modest place to stay - about the equivalent of USD70/night when I booked through C-Trip. The rooms were small, built more on a European plan, but it worked very well for my wife and I. The food was very good, actually - we had breakfasts and one dinner there, and it was fast and tasty.

And (as pretty much everywhere I've stayed in China) the staff were friendly and helpful: things may take a bit longer to negotiate, but if you are relaxed it will work out fine.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 5 days and really liked it. Yes the rooms are small, but as a base to explore Shanghai, the hotel has everything you need. The staff are young and friendly and welcoming (compared to bigger hotels where it’s a bit faceless). The rooms are clean and have good A/C, showers etc. As has been mentioned by others, the TV is very confusing and I never managed to work it out. I’m not even sure it’s purely a language thing - there were so many different on screen menus and no simple way to access tv channels. There are supermarkets and shops nearby and great food within walking distance.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
子豪 徐, 销售总监 at Jing'an CitiGO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Dear guests,we deeply appericated for your definite evaluation. As a light and extravagant social hotel brand, CitiGO subverted the traditional hotel bar and moved the desk from the room to the public area. Therefore, the room did not have a small table. We encourage guests to use the room only as a place to sleep and bathe. At other times, they enter the public area and enjoy good experiences in various social scenes such as office, reading, parties, movies, music, bars, restaurants, and fitness.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

My out of town guest wants to stay close to downtown area, and wanted to keep the room rate under $ 100 dollars. I searched and found all the good review and the photo looks nice, and so I recommended and helped my friend to book this hotel.

The decoration and the design is tailored towards local young crowd. The design is modern and towards trendy, the shower, toilet are good brands, but, the room is so tiny, The entire width of the room seems to be design to enclose the mattress length, that's how narrow the room is. The construction, and workmanship of the room, is pretty poor and low quality. Sound proof is also poor, one can easily hear the showers, or voices from next door. And the door closing from rooms down the hall comes through very clearly.

The advertisement says FREE parking, there are NO Free Parking. The attendant charges 10 kuai / hour. My friend advised, the breakfast is really so-so, very average quality.

To summarize, the facility shows well on the photo, until you been there. We just cannot always trust what we see from the photo........

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
子豪 徐, 经理 at Jing'an CitiGO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear guests, thank you for your precious advices.Also thank you very much for your questions and suggestions. We are sorry for making you uncomfortable and we will deal with them seriously, and provide solutions for those problems you have mentioned. Thank you for your support and hope you will choose our hotel again.