“A must for first time Shanghai shoppers”

Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour
Shanghai Shopping Markets Small-Group Tour
Ranked #2 of 521 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with Shopping Tours Shanghai! We are expat locals who have been living in Shanghai for many years. We know what Westerners like to shop for and we'll take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor-made garments, stand-alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much, much more. We teach you a lot about Chinese culture as well as how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you into the Chinese way of bargaining. Leave with wonderful insights into Shanghai and your bags full. You also have the reassurance that unlike most shopping tours in China, your guide is not collecting commissions behind your back. We can also set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss! Our Best of Everything group tour is available for a full or half day and our private tours are ideal for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The folks at Shanghai shopping tours made it so easy to shop in a place where local knowledge is everything, Sarah saved us time and a heap of money with knowing which stalls had the best products and service, also ensuring that we did not get ripped off.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"speaks fluent"
"custom tour"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 7 reviews
"wealth of knowledge"
"private tour"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 30, 2010

I was lucky to have Emily to myself for my tour, what a treat! She was wonderful, so full of information about Shanghai, not to mention the wonderful places we went to shop. For a little change, we went to the Shanghai Propaganda Poster Museum, it was really fascinating! If you are lucky enough to get to Shanghai, I really recommend this tour, a great way to shop, awesome lunch, and a wonderful orientation to the city itself. I even took my friend back to a store the next day, and they offered to come down so we could receive a discount, way beyond my expectations.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Shanghai is a full-on experience and Shopping Tours Shanghai is nothing different. It's far more than a shopping experience though. The guides give you an insight into the culture and goings on on the streets of Shanghai. Some great boutiquey shops that are hidden away. The shared lunch was awesome.

Reviewed July 6, 2010

If I could give Suzy 10 stars I would! I booked my tour just a few days before and was lucky enough to have Suzy all to myself (which also means that even if only one person has booked she will still do the tour!). We visited the Fabric Market and she gave great advice on who was the best to work with etc and had the best resource for scarves - my personal fav! We toured antique stores a beautiful ceramics design store (I wanted to register there!) and had a great lunch. Because it was just me, we were also able to make a stop at a fine jewelery store after I mentioned I was looking for wedding bands. We rounded out the day at the Pearl Market (which also has all the knockoff stuff) and Suzy helped me bargain on some artwork, saving me hundreds of £s. I also want to mention how easy Suzy is to get along with and instantly makes you feel comfortable. It was by far my favourite thing I did in Shanghai and Suzy helped me mark where we went along my map so I could go back over the next few days - which I did! I would totally recommend this tour - there is no better way to learn the not only ins and outs of shopping in Shanghai but the city itself. I would even consider doing it again!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Just returned from Asia and promised I would write a review on the shopping tour experience. It was simply wonderful. I have lived in HK for 8 years but never been to Shanghai and unfortunately was only there for 2 days so decided as I was on my own the best way to get an idea of the city was on a tour. I was the only person on the tour that day so can honestly say it was totally customised. There was no awkwardness being the only person, it was a delightful day doing and seeing what I wanted along with what was suggested. The lunch was fantastic and I believe is as much part of the tour as the shopping,no doggy dai pai dongs here! I was able to take my bags with me and a taxi was orgainised at the end of the tour to get me to the airport. I would certainly recommend this to anyone and do it again should I find myself in Shanghai again and these wondefrul ladies still running the tours. I could write so much more bu tthen that would spoil the experience for others, just try it. Thank you.