“Fabulous shopping with a fun lady & delicious food”

Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 525 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with Shopping Tours Shanghai! We are expat locals who have been living in Shanghai for many years. We know what Westerners like to shop for and we'll take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor-made garments, stand-alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much, much more. We teach you a lot about Chinese culture as well as how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you into the Chinese way of bargaining. Leave with wonderful insights into Shanghai and your bags full. You also have the reassurance that unlike most shopping tours in China, your guide is not collecting commissions behind your back. We can also set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss! Our Best of Everything group tour is available for a full or half day and our private tours are ideal for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Reviewed August 11, 2009

I had such a wonderful time with Suzy on our shopping tour while in Shanghai! Suzy was an excellent shopping guide helping us understand the reasonable price range we may expect to pay for everything that we were looking for. She also helped us hone our own bargaining skills with a quick language and bartering lesson. This is a perfect way to get your shopping done all in one day if need be. I was in Shanghai for a longer period of time so I was happy to go on this tour to get an idea of what was available in Shanghai, pick up some wonderful deals on the tour, and learn of other places to go on my own with my new found skills. We went to so many places in one day! This would have been very hard to organize on your own if you could even find all of the places and at least one you could only attend if you were in a group. Suzy even filled us in on some Chinese etiquette and a little Shanghai history. As a bonus, not only was the shopping good, but the Shanghainese restaurant where we ate lunch was delicious! It's rare that you go on a tour and the food is decent and even more rare that the food is a culinary delight. This restaurant was a zagat rated 23 for food! So yummy! I highly reccomend this fabulously fun tour!

1  Thank AMMfoodie
in 10 reviews
"speaks fluent"
"custom tour"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews
"an absolute"
"suzy"
in 163 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2009

Shanghai is a charming destination, with a vibrant personality and a feast of amazing and wonderful shopping spots & eateries, half of them of which you would never find unless you had a 'local' pointing your in the right direction. For a first time visitor with serious shopping on your mind, you will have no idea where to start.

I was recommended by friends before I left New Zealand for China to contact Suzy. A vibrant, mandarin speaking kiwi girl whom I've since renamed Suzy Wong, after my absolutely fabulous day of exploring Shanghai's eclectic blend of shopping hot spots. From malls and street bazaars, to high rise apartments and underground markets, whatever your requirements - Jewellery, clothes, shoes, kids toys etc, Suzy knew them all.

With so much to see, do and buy, a day or two shopping with Suzy turns up bargains and treasures and puts fun back into shopping. Discover Shanghai for yourself with Suzy!

1  Thank AucklandSally
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This was my second trip to Shanghai, and I knew I wanted to do a lot of shopping, but had very little free time. I did some research, found Shopping Tours Shanghai and set up a half day private tour for my husband and myself. Suzy met us at our hotel and had the van waiting with bottled water, shopping bags, and tissues. She asked what we were interested in buying, and I handed her my list. She knew exactly where to go for each item. We hit Dongtai Lu "Antiques market", did a silk factory tour, Yu Yuan Gardens, Xiangyang Market, Flower market and another shop, all in about 4.5 hours, at a cost of 1000 rmb (for both of us). At each stop Suzy pointed out items and told us the maximum prices we should pay, so we could return on our own later. She also helped with "negotiating" and got us some great deals on items from our wish list. She told us we could call any time during our trip to ask on pricing. I know that the tour more than paid for itself, by the money we saved using her tips. The next time we go, I'll set up another tour with Suzy and hit the fabric market and Pearl City. Make sure you wear comfortable walking shoes, bring your cash (RMB only) and your debit card (to get RMB out of the ATM.)

2  Thank the4halls43525
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I managed to get all my gifts for family and friends in one trip, so I could relax the rest of the time. Suzy gave a great tour and taught me some history of the city at the same time!

1  Thank DebHonolulu