“Fantastic shopping!!”

Half Day Small Group Shanghai Shopping Markets Fun Tour
Ranked #1 of 506 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals who have been living in Shanghai for many years. We'll take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic shopping!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

First time in Shanghai and was very glad I decided to do the shopping tour as it definitely was the highlight of my trip and made Shanghai a much better experience for me.
MJ was a sensational tour guide, she is very friendly and kept the tour interesting throughout the day with local knowledge, in addition to sharing great shopping tips. There were a good mix of stores in the tour, more importantly it was good to be able to shop at ease (in a foreign country where we don't speak the language) knowing we are paying what we should, and if need be, MJ would help out with any shopping queries. To top it off, the tour included a little dumplings break and lunch, which were absolutely delicious (i went back for more dumplings during the rest of my stay).
Thank you STS, I will definitely do this again if i return to Shanghai! :)

Visited April 2014
shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you Carolyn, we are so pleased you had such a great time on the tour, we look forward to seeing you in Shanghai again!

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

For the past five years, my wife and I have visited Shanghai and we make certain to spend a day
with Shopping Tours Shanghai. Local people have local knowledge, where to shop, people to see and places to visit. The team at Shopping Tours Shanghai have taken the hassle of where to find the best quality items at the best price. Looking for a place to have a bite to eat while "working", they know where to go to experience local flavor. And best of all, learning about the history of Shanghai and points of interest helps to top out the day. Kudos to all. Don't miss this experience.

Visited March 2014
shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thanks Ken, you are a star! One of our most loyal customers, it was great to have you back again this year and still be able to give you some new knowledge, I hope we see you again next year :-)
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sublime Shopping........and much more!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Suzy and MJ provide fantastic service. They know Shanghai very well. They speak Mandarin. They have done their homework, and carefully researched the best suppliers. They are passionate. They are delightful. Their after tour service is exceptional.

I was in Shanghai in March for a week, on business. I've been to Shanghai quite a few times and have shopped in the past and managed to secure some good buys with a lot of bargaining, which I actually enjoy.

I had a free day and was undecided how to fill that day, when I cam across Shanghai Shopping Tours on TripAdvisor. I was not intending to shop, but really wanted to see Shanghai through the eyes of long term expats.

I met with Suzy and two other ladies on our day long tour. And what a day it was. We all agreed it was as though we were shopping with friends.

We travelled in an airconditioned mini bus with a very pleasant, careful and competent driver. I enjoyed all the inside information about living in Shanghai and the many cultural insights that Suzy imparted with humour and sound knowledge.

Needless to say, I could not resist shopping! It was so easy. We knew we were buying good quality at very reasonable prices. I was able to sit back and relax, and forget about the fun and the frustrations of bargaining!!

We bought tailored clothes from trusted tailors at the Bund Fabric Market, quality silk scarves and silk gift items, leather goods, jewellery, glasses, beautiful white china from Spin, and much more. Lunch (included) was at an excellent local restaurant serving delicious food from Shanghai.

Shanghai Shopping Tours is a definite must do!

Next time I am in Shanghai I will be joining another shopping tour. Thank you Suzy for a wonderful day, with friends!

Visited March 2014
Hi Ros, thank you for your review, it certainly was a fun day out. I hope to see you again next year :-)
Sydney, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“If you love shopping, you have to do this tour!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The shopping tour was one of the highlights of my 3 week Asian holiday (which had also included a cruise)

because there were a larger amount of participants booked on this day, both Suzy and MJ accompanied us, and we had a fantastic day. I really had no idea what I wanted to buy (besides reading glasses) but this tour made sure that I went home with my baggage 3kgs overweight!!! Oh well - never mind :)

The fabric market was like a rabbit warren but our guides made sure we were directed to the most reputable tailors, and I had a wonderful Burberry (style) trench coat made that was delivered to my hotel right on time the next day. I bought so many little knick knacks, wallets, bags etc, I could hardly carry my loot at the end of the day.

the lunch was fabulous - best meal I had during my 4 day Shanghai stay, and I loved the visit to the flower and wet market - a little break from spending money.

I can't recommend this tour enough! Shop, shop and more shop!!!!

Visited March 2014
Thank you so much for your review, it certainly was a fun day, MJ and I enjoyed the group thoroughly. We always add more guides for a larger group so everyone gets plenty of attention, I am so pleased you had such a great time.
Adelaide
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Shopping Tour turned into a Private one!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I was lucky enough to the only person on the tour on that day, so much to MJs surprise I think, the planned full day tour was over in half the time! Straight to the tailor and I was measured up for business shirts and they all fit perfectly for a fraction of the cost of say Singapore. Then off to the glasses place and had a new pair of reading glasses and sunglasses with the reading glasses built-in made in about half and hour, amazing stuff. I was also after a specific type of watch and although MJs contact didnt have it, he made sure it was delivered to my hotel the next day and it was exactly what I needed. The lunch was fantastic, the shopping even better but what topped it was the introduction to the Shanghai dumpling, thank you MJ, they were awesome! So take a look in the fake markets on your own but book this tour, the haggling is done for you and you will be ensured of getting your gear at an unbelievable price. Thanks again MJ, I had a great day.

Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate it. MJ was surprised at how fast you were at getting everything - well done!