“STS - After Sales and Post Trip Overseas Great Service”

Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour
Fun Private Shopping Tour
Ranked #1 of 506 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals who have been living in Shanghai for many years. We'll take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Isle of Man
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“STS - After Sales and Post Trip Overseas Great Service”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have had/given great reviews on two trips - one in 2010 and a private one in 2012. This review however is for an "after sales" and "new orders" taken up with Shanghai Shopping and it is nothing short of brilliant. I have had several orders of office shirts/blouses for me (short sleeved - princess seam or darts) and my husband has had two orders of uniform epaulette shirts (and a couple of "travel shirts"). In both cases the tailors have matched and even surpassed all the detailing give as the example (pin tuck seams, velcro inner pockets, sleeves, hidden pockets), the workmanship is excellent. I support local, however, we are unable to obtain the level of workmanship or service in GB - understandably why - the Shanghai tailors have one of the longest apprenticeships and they are highly in demand. For different material Suzy will shop around and send swatches via email. Suzy will sort all the custom's forms etc for us to deal with the parcel efficiently. Without a doubt we will be making more orders in the future. Fully recommend if you want great service, great garments, great quality and, in our case, if you want something different but at the same time for everyday use.

Visited December 2013
shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
As always a pleasure Adele, your instructions are lovely and clear and it certainly helps when you can send a sample for us to have copied - Happy New Year to you both!

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I'm so glad I did this tour. As my partner was in Shanghai for business, I was left to my own devices for much of my time in Shanghai and was feeling a little bit nervous to get out and explore this big city on my own. Thank God for this tour!

I was lucky enough to have MJ all to myself on my tour day. We managed to get so much done and see so much in just one day. Thanks to MJ's advice and reassurance, I gained confidence to barter with sellers, navigate my way through busy markets and was given so many great tips on where to shop and eat which made the rest of my stay that much more enjoyable.

The fabric market was an absolute stand out for me, but all of our stops were fantastic and I for some great bargains. I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone looking to see the best that Shanghai has to offer.

Visited November 2013
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate the feedback! MJ is wonderful at setting you up to have confidence to do it all on your own later on in your stay so I am so pleased you felt you gained a lot from that. Happy New Year!
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The only way the shop in Shanghai”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a shoppers dream day ! The clothes I had made at the tailor are perfect ,these gals have done their research ! Therefore it takes the stress out of haggling or trying to find your way through a city over brimming with stores and markets. Visiting the silk factory was so interesting and I love my silk pillows and duvet . The days rolls well - tailor, silks ,flower markets,lunch ,ceramics and much more.MJ was the perfect host , providing insight into how the city runs , culture and history of Shanghai. I felt very comfortable and am thrilled with my purchases. Bring an empty bag and your cash , this is the ultimate day of shopping and seeing Shanghai through a locals eyes. This is a must do . Thank you MJ for a great day in Shanghai .

Visited November 2013
Another happy shopper! Thank you so much for your review, we love taking people out who love to shop - so much FUN!
Auckland, New Zealand
“Such a great time!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is actually the second time Suzy has helped me out with shopping in Shanghai. Although the tour is fantastic for the shopping, Suzy also shares many interesting facts about Shanghai, China and Chinese culture.
Lunch was delicious and the dumplings we were offered as a snack were also an extra delight - super yummy, my mouth is watering now...
I like the fact that this tour really helps you wrap up your shopping quickly, pleasantly and honestly.This leaves the rest of your vacation open to discover all the other things Shanghai has to offer.
Highly recommend.

Visited November 2013
Amy, as always a pleasure to spend time with you. Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. Enjoy those amazing purchases!
Melbourne, Australia
“Best way to start your stay in shanghai.”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

MJ was a great host , we packed so much into the day. We were taken to vendors where we didn't have to bargain and were great to deal with. It takes the stress out of shopping. So many great recommendations for the rest of our stay aswell. Just do it.

Visited November 2013
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you had a great day - and the information for the rest of your trip to make it a great one, can't be under estimated! Glad you made the most of it.