“Great Day Out in Shanghai”

Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour
Fun Private Shopping Tour
Ranked #1 of 508 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals who have been living in Shanghai for many years. We'll take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We just finished a wonderful shopping excursion in Shanghai yesterday. MJ was our guide and she was great. She met us promptly at the designated location, discussed the different areas we'd be visiting and gave us a lively history and commentary about Shanghai as we drove from place to place. She also gave us a quick lesson on how to bargain on our tour. We went to out of the way shops, as well as through the huge fabric market (had glasses made and delivered that night). The tote bag we were given came in handy to carry purchases, as well as identified us to vendors who offer special discounts to STS clients. In the middle of the day we had a wonderful lunch (included in tour price).
MJ also mentioned other activities we might enjoy during our visit: one was a Chinese Cooking Workshop with Chef Mike. We were all interested, so while shopping, MJ set up a class for us the next day! Talk about service with a smile! Definitely an excellent tour, I'll be in touch with both MJ/Shanghai Shopping Tours & Chef Mike on my next visit!

2  Thank Jworm
shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you enjoyed your shopping tour and your cooking class with Mike!

There are newer reviews for Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I and our 20 year old daughter recently did the full day tour with Susie and MJ and it was fantastic! Our guides were extremely friendly and knowledgeable and the day just flew by.

The shopping, of course, was outstanding - we had a total of 13 items of clothing made and they all came out extremely well. We are loving our new silk doona and pillows and are looking forward to receiving a very full box of beautiful ceramics.

We also learned a lot about Chinese culture, particularly regarding food/dining and weddings, which was fascinating. And the dumplings for morning tea were to die for! Lunch was also outstanding.

But the best part of this tour is all the additional information Susie and MJ generously shared with us - thankfully we saw them on our first day in Shanghai, and were able to take advantage of their many recommendations regarding restaurants, cocktails lounges, and companies offering non-shopping tours - it really made our week in Shanghai! This tour was worth every penny and I would do it again on future visits to Shanghai.

1  Thank Gemia J

Thank you Gemia, it was great to have you on the tour and as you say, best to do it early in your stay so you can take advantage of all the tips and restaurant suggestions, I am glad you made the most of it.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Last week, I spent a wonderful 4 hours with M.J from Shanghai Shopping Tours. This was my second time to Shanghai, and having done the full day tour on my first visit - and loved it - I knew there were places I definitely wanted to return to. Before even arriving in Shanghai, the Shopping Tour girls knew exactly where I wanted to go, and had some new places for me to see as well.
M.J. was delightful, at my hotel before time, and the driver and van was always right on the spot during our time together. M.J. was able to help with any queries, even as to which places took credit cards, which didn't and where was the nearest ATM machine! We had a great lunch of dumpling delicacies - superb. M.J. even helped me to my hotel room with ALL the bags of shopping at the end of our time together.
I had a fabulous time, and can only stress again how good this tour is and how great the girls are at their job. You must do this tour.

2  Thank TravellerEnZed
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife & I were really looked after on our shopping tour. Nothing was too much trouble. It was great fun & the organisation was superb. The attention to detail from the moment of booking & including the follow up,this is the way to shop in Shanghai - even if you are returning.
Very friendly, helpful & knowledgeable - Suzy & MJ gave us a comprehensive introduction to Shanghai & made it the best day.

1  Thank Bob A
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Did tour 4 Sept 13. Male! Small group of 8 tourists with 2 guides. Had a fantastic day, visited really great shopping places backed with the confidence of 2 very knowledgeable guides to ensure I got what I wanted, the best quality and at the best price. Have revisited vendors since to purchase more and are now 'known' and receive great service. Lunch was excellent. I should have done this trip on my first visit to Shanghai and fully recommend to all. Back up service offered by STS after I leave China will be extremely useful. In all, so happy I chose to do tour.