“Such a wonderful day”

Fun Private Shopping Tour
Ranked #1 of 508 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with us!! We are expat locals who have been living in Shanghai for many years. We'll take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor made garments, stand alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much much more. We teach you how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you in to the Chinese way of bargaining. Come shopping with us and leave with wonderful insights into Shanghai, and your bags full!! We will set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss!! Our Best of Everything tour is available for a full or half day - try it, you won't be disappointed! Private tours are also available for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Fantastic day. I was referred to the shopping tour and was not disappointed. MJ was lovely and assisted me in bartering along with some local history. The tailors recommended were amazing, I even bought curtains and items from the silk factory. Her knowledge of traders and where to go made the day exciting and eventful. Definitely go again on my next stay.

shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for your review Tanya, MJ also enjoyed her day out with you, we are so pleased your friends recommended us :-)

There are newer reviews for Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour

Reviewed May 28, 2013

One of the highlights of my visist to China was joining Shanghai Shopping Tours for a full day best of everything tour. Suzy was our host and she looked after us very well. The silk factory was great and having the dooners and pillows shipped back was not a problem. The flower markets were lovely as was the porcelain showroom. The best dumplings in Shanghai were to die for! The markets were fun, my first taste of bargaining was interesting but I got better following Suzy's tips. Having leather and cashmere jackets tailor made was another highlight and I'm extrememly happy with the quality. The handbag place was incredible - my kind of heaven! Lunch was spectacular mmmm delicious! It wasn't just the shopping though, in the comfort of our mini van between detinations we were given a wealth of information about China from Suzy - from learning some Chinese history and culture to etiquette tips she taught us so much...all very interesting. I highly recommend the shopping tour!

Thank you Melissa, it was such a great day, a very positive and enthusiastic group of shoppers!!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I did a 6-hour private shopping tour with MJ and concentrated on purchasing tailored clothing, jewellery, sunglasses and DVDs. MJ is a fountain of information and made the process so much easier because she has a close relationship with the vendors, knows the language and of course, the locations of the best places to go. I highly recommend Shopping Tours Shanghai to anyone looking to have a fun, fulfilling shopping day in this fabulous city.

Hi Maricel, thank you for your review, as your tour was very specific, we put MJ in charge and we hope to be sending all your fabulous items to you soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I did three different shopping tours in china earlier this month, this tour in Shanghai was by far the best. I would highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Shanghai. Not only did we buy some great things, but we also learnt so much about this amazing city.

Hi Kate, thank you for your review, your group was such a fun and enthusiastic group, we all had a fabulous day! So happy to hear Shopping Tours Shanghai was your favorite shopping tour :-)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I took the Shopping Tour and it was fabulous. The staff was great - very flexible and I got everything on my list … and more! It was a really fun day.

Thank you Janet, we look forward to seeing you next time you are in Shanghai!