“Amazing experience... A must!”

Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour
Shanghai Shopping Markets Small-Group Tour
Ranked #2 of 521 Shopping in Shanghai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Shopping in Shanghai? Come with Shopping Tours Shanghai! We are expat locals who have been living in Shanghai for many years. We know what Westerners like to shop for and we'll take you to all the best shopping spots in Shanghai including the fabric market for tailor-made garments, stand-alone shops, markets, silk, pearls, handbags and much, much more. We teach you a lot about Chinese culture as well as how to bargain and how much you should be paying to ease you into the Chinese way of bargaining. Leave with wonderful insights into Shanghai and your bags full. You also have the reassurance that unlike most shopping tours in China, your guide is not collecting commissions behind your back. We can also set you up for the rest of your trip with recommendations on what to do, where to go, what to see and what to miss! Our Best of Everything group tour is available for a full or half day and our private tours are ideal for those with limited time or special shopping requirements.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Fantastic day had by all. Would definitely recommend and book with Shopping tours shanghai on my next visit. As well as fantastic shopping, also a wonderful cultural experience and fun and exciting day. Well worth the experience.

shoppingguru, Owner at Shopping Tours Shanghai-Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hi Alyce, thank you for your review, I am so glad your shopping all arrived so quickly to Australia, it is amazing how fast these couriers can be sometimes! Enjoy!!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"speaks fluent"
"custom tour"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 12 reviews
"booked this tour"
in 7 reviews
"wealth of knowledge"
"private tour"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our guide MJ was great! We did a private tour as we had our 2 young kids with us and MJ was just wonderful with them. We grabbed some great bargains but also picked up some great bargaining and city tips from a local expat which came in so handy when we went shopping on our own. MJ also told us about an Iphone App called HiShanghai which helped us immensleley when catching cabs around the city.
Thanks for helping us make our trip to Shanghai so memorable!

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate your feedback - and yes, a fabulous app!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Even if you're adventurous and outgoing it's still silly to consider braving the shopping markets in Shanghai alone when this great tour is available. . I had contemplated mapping out my own trip through the markets of Shanghai and then stumbled across Shopping Tours Shanghai. After reading all the great reviews, I knew this was the way to go. Our guide, MJ was great! Full of knowledge about the markets, bargaining and even some Shanghai history We were taken in an air-conditioned, private coach to 4 stops in the morning and then another 2 after lunch. The driver was always ready when we were and we could leave our bags in the coach as we went on to shop at the next great market, No need to schlep all those bags all over China! Plus you not wasting time trying to figure which vendors have the best quality, STS has pre-screened all the vendor they take you to on the tour so they have developed relationships with these people and know the quality will be good. Of course are free to go to any stall you would like and MJ gave us great bargaining tips for that and even bargained on our behalf a few times. I did the full day tour and bought a custom made leather coat, lots of scarfs, jewelery, sunglasses and prescription glasses. I was also looking for euroepean style childrens clothes which were not readily available at the markets we went to so MJ wrote down a few places for me to check out independent of the tour. It was so great to have such a knowledgable, pleasant and approachable person available during my shopping excursion. Trust me this tour is totally worth it!

1  Thank Jill F

Thank you Jill for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review! We love to hear people enjoy Shanghai all the more for taking our tour so we are very happy you had such a great time!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

So much fun! As a first timer to Shanghai this was just what I needed.
The shopping was fabulous and the orientation to this gorgeous city was invaluable. Emily and MJ our hosts for the day were the perfect blend of knowledgeable professional friendly and fun.
It was great having the girls right there to make sure your exact needs are clearly communicated so you could shop with confidence knowing that you were getting excellent products at an excellent price. No need to barter (phew) when you use the vendors recommended by the girls.
I took some favorite clothing items that I wanted copied and I’m thrilled with the results -
Business shirts for my son, linen dress and pants. The pants I also love the jacket I had made I feels amazing on because the fit is so good.
Other treasures from the trip:
Silk pillows- I wish I had bought more as presents. They vacuum pack them so the are about 1cm and they puff up beautifully. Heavenly to sleep on.
Ceramics from Spin- also wish I had bought more.
Food - Lunch was delicious a wonderful introduction to real “chinese” food. And Yang’s fry dumplings I am still dreaming of. Can’t wait to go back.

Thank you Karina for your lovely review - don't forget we can help you purchase more silk pillows and send them to you if need be! Maybe for Christmas - keep an eye on the website in October for our Christmas shopping page where you can order directly from the site and we will send it to you at least a week before Christmas :-)

See more reviews
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is my third time with Shanghai Shopping Tours and it's a must do activity for your first day in Shanghai. This trip I took along my Mum, Dad, sister, husband and 2 year old son with me. We all purchased a new suitcase to take home filled with our leather jackets (even Mum grooved up for one!), cashmere coats, silk dresses, glasses (the sunglasses and optical glasses make the trip worthwhile alone), bags, children's clothes, jewellery, silk doonas... I could go on.

We were with a group of 9 shoppers and it was a great bunch. Emily and MJ were amazing guides. Emily was particularly good to us, following up on my sisters optical prescription (that she accidentally left in the hotel the day of the tour) and also to make sure our purchases that were being delivered to our hotel at a later date arrived on time. Their passion for Shanghai and making sure we all enjoyed our time in this amazing city deserves a China tourism award!

Thanks girls, I'll be back so I can maintain my record with a 4th visit soon...

Kelly

1  Thank Kelly B

Thanks Kelly, I think you will set a record if you manage to come back again next time! Emily and MJ had a great day out with you and your family, it is so nice you could introduce them to Shopping Tours Shanghai and they all had such a fabulous time - see you next year!!