“Nice Indian Restaurant”

Vedas Indian Restaurant (Changshu Road)
Ranked #71 of 17,329 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Description: An award winning fine dining north indian cuisine. 10 Minutes walk from the famous JingAn Temple ,15 mins walk from the main street of nanjing west road, within the vicinity of 5 star hotels like Hilton , Shangrila & The Puli. A second branch is in Hong Qiao, in the west of Shanghai.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited this place alone. Very pleasant atmosphere with wonderful lights (give an impression of candle light). smiley staffs.
I took Butter chicken and Kheema Nan. Excellent food with good spicy taste (you can ask them if you need more spice). Real Indian taste. Would recommend at least to try once.

2  Thank Chandramohan K

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My first time here and it was by accident. I asked the taxi to take us to a different Indian restaurant. . We assume he gave up trying to get through traffic and he made us get out. .. I only agreed because I saw a red and yellow sign that read " "Indian Cuisine". We made it there right at 5:30, just as they were opening for dinner.
We had a few king fisher beers (* note for next time: these are too expensive for more than one round)
We ordered fried okra (being the southern belle I am, I had to try it)ITS SO GOOD!
main dishes were our usual of butter chicken and we had kadhai paneer (a first for us)... both were delish.
So far I have eaten Indian in 3 Chinese cities, between 12 restaurants... Vedas just took the top spot of my preference.
I usually like "Indian hot" whereas my husband cant take the heat. They didn't ask our spice preference and I was suprised that the diahes didn't come out bland. .. to the contrary it was near perfect. Just enough spice for my husband's face to turn red but him still enjoy it and for me to get my heat fix... next time in Shanghai, I will return!

1  Thank Kimberly C
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I've been to another well regarded Indian restaurant across town, near Four Season's Hotel on Dagu Rd, a couple of times and wanted to try something new. I was very happy with the other restaurant but thought I could find better.

Vedas needs to step up its game if it wants to compete.

Curries were all bland, like I needed to ask for salt and pepper, bland. It was like someone took a recipe for one and added enough water to make it for two. Pretty disappointing.

Mango Lasse was also not up to par.

Naan was nicely textured but again, not enough taste.

Service was slow.

I guess I'll stick by the Dagu Rd area.

2  Thank Warren D
Reviewed April 3, 2014

A friend and I had dinner at Vedas a few weeks ago and we absolutely loved it. Its one of the best Indian food I've ever had and their cocktails are also delightful! We had the chance to meet the owner who was extremely lovely and was most welcoming. Will definitely be returning.

1  Thank sally d
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Restaurant serves good Indian food - liked bharta a lot. Cooked in typical north indian style. Surprise package was Indian Kf beer !! Ordinary decor, reasonable prices, slow services.

1  Thank businesstraveless