“A way to see the city like no other”

Insiders-Shanghai Private One-day Tour
Ranked #3 of 125 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore Shanghai by vintage sidecar motorbike. Recently recommended by TIME magazine, National Geographic Traveller, Vogue or ELLE Magazine across 38 countries; Shanghai Insiders offers you the most original way to venture out and explore Shanghai off the beaten tracks while quenching your own centers of interests, might it be architecture, photography, food, art, etc. Enjoy an open-air adventure comfortably seated in the side-car of a classic motorbike. Every tour is tailor made by your insider who is an expat who has been living in Shanghai for a minimum of 3 years. Shanghai Insiders is the friend of a friend you wished you had in a city you do not know. Don't forget to ask for our champagne option!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I took a nighttime tour and spent hours awe-struck by the experience. Seeing the city, the lights, and the people this way gave me an appreciation I could never have had otherwise. We also got into some pretty "back" areas of the city and the overall safety of the city and the experience were amazing.

I could not recommend it higher.

1  Thank davidgrahammd
NyEdward, Owner at Insiders-Shanghai Private One-day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for your very kind review which has gotten us to the top of Tripadvisor's list of things to do in Shanghai!

Have a fantastic 2014 and see you again on another tour in near future!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Frederick, the driver was Swedish and had lived there for many years. His English was so very easy to understand and at the time wasn't appreciated by me because we had just begun our vacation to the East. He was prompt and very knowledgable.This is the best way to see Shanghai and to get around easily. I loved it! Old China town was great to visit!

1  Thank winnie c

Dear Winnie,

Thank you for your kind words which made Fredrik's day! I'm happy to see we delivered to the level of your expectations and wish you an fantastic 2014!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was by far one of the highlights of my Shanghai trip. My advice - book it! Having been left unexpectedly to fend for myself in Shanghai for a few days I found this tour online, promptly booked in for the next day and it did not disappoint. Professional and super friendly, my guide and I zipped about the city and backstreets away from the neon lights, giving a totally different perspective of how the other half live. From secret gardens, an old abattoir, back street markets and stops for photos I had an absolute ball. After several hours, the day finished with my guide taking me to a local restaurant to fulfill my dumpling cravings and ensure that I didn't go hungry having struggled on the food front by myself the previous day. As a solo traveler, I highly recommend this tour, it was ace.

Hi Lisa,

A zillion thanks for your very kind review, you've made the end of 2013 wonderful to us!

See you again on another tour in China I hope!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a wonderful way to see Shanghai. We have lived here for almost 2 years and still visited new places on the tour. The guides were very knowledgable, friendly and great drivers. Have already recommend this tour to many other Expats living here.

NyEdward, Owner at Insiders-Shanghai Private One-day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Many thanks for your kind words Mary!

It's always a pleasure to tour with expats who have a special look on the city they live in.

See you again for a tour in Xian or Lijiang maybe? (Check out our 2 days Xian getaway offer where you sleep in a cave dwelling and see pandas!)

Reviewed December 8, 2013

On a recent 4 day trip to Shanghai with 9 girlfriends I organised with Michael to take us on a one-hour tour of the city! 5 magnificent bikes arrived at our hotel right on time and we set off. You can imagine the sight of us trailing through the city - even the locals stopped to stare!! It was incredibly beautiful to see the city in this way from the French district, the Bund, then riding through a traditional marketplace. All the drivers/riders had excellent English and able to answer all of our questions. We'd pre arranged with Michael for a Champagne pitstop and he chose a fabulous little bar in the French district. Our only other request was to drop us off at the end of our tour at a great dumpling place, which he did. The tour was definitely a highlight of our trip.

Dear Belinda,

Thank you for your kind words, isn't it great to have champagne while being driven through the narrow streets of Shanghai on a vintage sidecar? simply classy :)

See you again on another tour maybe!

Thomas