“Travel Experience of a Lifetime!!”

Insiders-Shanghai Private One-day Tour
Ranked #3 of 130 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore Shanghai by vintage sidecar motorbike. Recently recommended by TIME magazine, National Geographic Traveller, Vogue or ELLE Magazine across 38 countries; Shanghai Insiders offers you the most original way to venture out and explore Shanghai off the beaten tracks while quenching your own centers of interests, might it be architecture, photography, food, art, etc. Enjoy an open-air adventure comfortably seated in the side-car of a classic motorbike. Every tour is tailor made by your insider who is an expat who has been living in Shanghai for a minimum of 3 years. Shanghai Insiders is the friend of a friend you wished you had in a city you do not know. Don't forget to ask for our champagne option!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 9, 2013

A beautiful autumn day and my brother-in-law Joel and I needed something to do while our wives went shopping. Through Shane we booked the 4-hour Shanghai Insiders sidecar tour and it turned out to be the most interesting thing we did during our week-long holiday in China. Amazing!! What an absolute RUSH it was motoring through the scenic sidestreets, local markets, and city traffic of modern Shanghai. There are no adjectives that can adequately capture the thrill.

Drivers Sammy Florez and Xian Geng arrived at our hotel (Westin Bund Center) exactly on time and they were SUPER professional throughout the tour. They customized the tour to our interests, took us where we wanted to go, and we saw more of Shanghai than we could ever have imagined. Sammy's deep knowledge of the city's history and his obvious affection for its inhabitants provided a deep background to the tour. We were strangers touring in a strange land but Xiao Geng's presence and mellow demeanor made us feel safe and secure at every location along the route.

Taking the Shanghai Insiders sidecar tour -- it was so easy to book through Shane -- made Joel and I want to pull up our roots and move to Shanghai!! Don't miss it!!

Stephen C.

NyEdward, Owner at Insiders-Shanghai Private One-day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Stephen,

thank you for your very very very nice review! Shane, Sammy and xiaogeng are about to start a victory dance in the office on the tune "celebration-kool & the gang" thanks to you!

Safe trip and see you again on an expedition maybe?

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Highlight of my stay in Shanghai! "Fun" and "exciting" are the words that come to mind. Shane took me comfortably to places I would not have experienced otherwise. Four hours is definitely not too much time to spend on this activity. I highly recommend it, especially for solo travelers and couples who want to see the real and historic Shanghai.

Thank you for your great review!

You've made Shane's day for sure!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I work for an airline and have been to Shanghai often. This tour is great for anyone. I wanted something off the beaten path and Sammy delivered. They gear your tour for what you want to see. We had a group of five and everyone thoroughly enjoyed our four hour tour. The best!!! Thanks to Sammy and the crew.

1  Thank Lori M

Hi Lori,

Very happy we delivered to the level of your expectations, flying crews know the ins and outs of cities so I'm glad to know we showed you new stuff!

Let us know which airline you work for and I'll gladly get in touch with the person representing you guys on the grounds in SH in the future

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My colleague and I were in Shanghai a couple of weeks ago - we had a few hours to spare.
It was recommended we take the sidecar tour of the City.
The trip was awesome.. Sammy our guide was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable..
We're really glad we had the opportunity to explore the old city currently under demolition - gave us a flavour of what life was like back then.. It's a real contrast to all the skyscrapers and luxury apartments being built close by!
This experience will stay in my memory forever - highly recommend it if you get the chance to visit Shanghai..
I will definitely be back sometime next year and will book another tour!
Liz McCann

Dear Liz,

It was a pleasure to have you on one of our tours, Sammy is very flattered by your kind words!

Feel free to check out our tours in Xi'an or our longer adventures in China's most remote parts!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Spent a few days in shanghai with 2 teenagers. Booking was very easy by email and staff very reactive. Tour was customized for what we wanted to see. We saw some very unique places in shanghai with a lot of info from our guide. Our 2 teenagers and our selves Will definitely remember this expérience for a long Time.

Merci Laurent!

We love touring with teenagers as they're a challenge of their own.
making people happy is what makes us happy :)