“Great experience!”

Ranked #3 of 124 Tours in Shanghai
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore Shanghai by vintage sidecar motorbike. Recently recommended by TIME magazine, National Geographic Traveller, Vogue or ELLE Magazine across 38 countries; Shanghai Insiders offers you the most original way to venture out and explore Shanghai off the beaten tracks while quenching your own centers of interests, might it be architecture, photography, food, art, etc. Enjoy an open-air adventure comfortably seated in the side-car of a classic motorbike. Every tour is tailor made by your insider who is an expat who has been living in Shanghai for a minimum of 3 years. Shanghai Insiders is the friend of a friend you wished you had in a city you do not know. Don't forget to ask for our champagne option!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Last week we had a GREAT 2-hour tour for our bachelor party!
It was simply amazing! Everything was just perfect!
I would recommend it to my friends as one of the best ways to discover Shanghai!

NyEdward, Owner at Insiders-Shanghai Private One-day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks Nadia,

You guys were fun! The other riders are still recovering from the fun :)
Vive la mariee!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Last week, my husband and I had a great two hour tour with Sammy. Starting from the minute he arrived at our hotel - causing much interest with the staff - a short distance away, we experienced a flat tyre - this causing even more interest to all passers-by! We walked back to our hotel and waited only a very short time for a replacement bike, and off we went again. Sammy showed us all sorts of places round Shanghai that we would never have seen on our own. The bike and side-car were really great - we took turns riding in the side-car and as pillion passenger. We stopped at many points of interest, and Sammy was extremely knowledgeable about everything. It was fun to wave to all the people who looked at us in amazement.
We crossed the river on the ferry designed for motor-scooters - fun in itself.
I highly recommend this tour as a great way to see a lot of Shanghai, in a short space of time, with a great guide. Try it, you'll love it.

1  Thank TravellerEnZed

Thank you for your very nice review, i promise we can do a tour without a flat tire and still give you just as much of a good time :)

See you on your next trip for a tour of Shanghai, Xian or Lijiang!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My guide was Shane and I asked to be taken to places off the beaten track. Brilliant 2 hr tour, thoroughly enjoyed it. Great way to travel around Shanghai and a must-do trip if you're here for a few days. You'll regret not doing it. Easy to arrange either over the phone, or email. Thanks again, Shane.

1  Thank Stokie59

Thanks Stokie for your kind words, you've made Shane's day!

I hope we'll see you on another one of our tours in the future.

have a great end of summer!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I went together with my husband and it was a really great experience for both of us. Gary showed us a lot of places we haven't been before! He also took great pictures of us! We really recommend Shanghai Insiders Team!!!

1  Thank Katja H

Thank you Katja for your kind words, you've made Gary very happy by posting your review!

See you soon for another tour in China I hope!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My Guide was Simon. He showed me some interesting places in Shanghai that I normally wouldn't see; like the old slaughter house,... Simon knew a lot about the city. It was also fun to travel Shanghai in a sidecar. Driving by the Bund was awesome and an experience a few people have ever experienced. Thnx Simon & Insiders!

1  Thank Traveleradvww

Thank you for your kind words, the photo you posted is insane!

have a great end of summer, I'll pass your review to Simon :)