1,630 results
All reviewsurban resortcomplimentary mini bargrand roomnespresso machinejing'an templefrench concessionbutler servicebustling citydark woodbeautiful hotelsteam roomrooms are largemetro stationvisiting shanghaiclub levelbusiness tripfour seasons
Reviewed November 18, 2017

I've been to Shanghai several times, stayed in various hotels, and it was my first time at the Puli. And I will certainly return only to the Puli. There's an elegance about the hotel that sets it apart. The location is superb. Along the main Changde Road but with rows of bamboo that shelter it from the noise and cluster of people and cars that can overwhelm. Staff are well trained and highly efficient. The beautiful lobby can be quite busy at times but someone always attends to you. I had an early morning trip out of Shanghai and needed my breakfast boxed and ready for me by 5:50am. Even though breakfast only starts at 6am, the in-room dining staff not only accommodated the request, but had it sent to my room exactly at 5:50am. Facilities in the hotel are excellent. The gym is spacious and well equipped. Although the tv connections on machines is not as touch screen friendly. My club room was spacious and well maintained. Cleaned very well, with constant replenishment of toiletries. The only points that disappointed was my airport driver and car smelt slightly of cigarettes; and when I ordered eggs benedict, the eggs were well done! But these are minor points, as the hotel certainly ticks all the important boxes any traveller requires. Safety, cleanliness, efficiency, excellent location, good facilities and a great place to stay when away from home.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your kind words of appreciation following your stay at The PuLi.
Our location and urban resort feel makes us quite unique within Shanghai - we have over 45% repeat guests who just enjoy our calm and zen environment; when you add attentive service to the package you are successful.
I really appeciate your service feedback - the team works very hard to ensure our guests are well looked after.
Looking forward to your retun and thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

Have to pay for airport transportation The hotel is beautifully simple Elegant The Check in if fast and efficient. Staff very friendly Warm welcomes all around. The concierge guided us in many ways. Helped with Dinner reservations / transportation / tours. His name is Mike. Very nice gentleman . The lobby houses the “Long Bar” I recommend a relaxing sit here. The spa is nice and offers many services. The Restaurant , “Phenix” is very charming with a great menu

Enjoy your stay

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Dear Guest,
I very much appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay at The PuLi on TripAdvisor.
My team and I are so glad you enjoyed our beautiful simple elegant urban resort as you so kindly put it. Our Concierge Mike and his team are indeed eager to ensure our guests are correctly guided throughout the city and receive the best advice to navigate and enjoy what it has to offer. Thank you for highlighting their services!
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you very soon again should your travels take you back to Shanghai.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any assistance whatsoever.

Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Phenix... if you travel to Shanghai, remember this name or easier, remember The Puli because it is simply an amazing hotel and Phenix, its one Michelin star "eatery" is a wonderful restaurant.
Located at the first floor, it is definitively the best place for gathering with friends in the most elegant and comfortable decor. It is incredibly warm, lighting is perfect, bar and lounge are stunning and you will soon realize how excellent is the team because they thought to the smallest details to make the guests experience unique and memorable.
Having a few glasses of well selected bubbles in these large cream sofas before dinner is definitively not to be missed. On both sides of the bar area is a delightful dining room with well separated tables beautifully dressed. The design is great to make you very comfy and it is easy to fall under the charm of this outstanding dining place before even starting to eat...
Food is very sincere, not over complicated but very savory and chef didn't forget the sense of plating which is essential because a dinner has to please not only palate but eyes as well. The foie gras torchon is one of the best I've had, perfectly seasoned and served with a lightly spicy fig jam and a crispy butter brioche... so yummy... they do as well a great Sunday brunch which seems to be delicious... Will definitively try it next time.
Service is also so kind, smily and courteous. Hard to find a parallel service in China and even around the world. Team at the puli is just perfect probably because this property is prodigeously managed by the talented GM Jan Tibaldi and the F&B manager, Alexandre, I'd a creative professional trying to turn a dinner at Phenix into much more than a dinner.
Following dinner, having a last drink at the lively long bar is a plus and extending with an overnight in one of the rooms or suites is like the icing on the cake... (You can refer to my feedback about this hotel).
This is THE place where to go and dine in Shanghai... magical.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank RCBLHKG
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Dear Guest,
Many many thanks for commenting so gracefully and in deapth following your visit to Phénix eatery & bar at The PuLi on TripAdvisor.
I really appreciate you returning to our urban resort when you are in town and for giving us the pleasure to serve you and your guests.
Alex was delighted to make your aquaintance and spend some time with you and give you some insights about our culinary activities and future plans.
Thank you again for being such a great advocate of The PuLi.
My team and I will always look forward to welcome you back!
A bientôt!

Best regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2017

This hotel is one of my top recommendations for visitors to Shanghai. The rooms are beautifully laid out and give you the sense of being in a spa-like atmosphere in your own room. I loved the lighting and the layout of the bathrooms, which gave you a sense of warmth and relaxation.

The lobby, while no less beautiful, is pretty small in size. Just a note in case some visitors like sprawling, large lobbies with a lot of things to see or do. The location in Jing'An is convenient to get around. Highly recommended!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting such a lovely TripAdvisor review following your stay at The PuLi.
I am so happy to read our urban resort is one of your top recommendations for visitors to Shanghai and that you especially enjoyed the layout and amenities of our guest rooms. We are indeed a sanctuary of qualm and quietness in the middle of this vibrant city. Once you step into our lobby all the noise, stress and anxiety just evaporates from your shoulders and the spa-like atmosphere kicks in!!
Thanks for recommending us and I look forward to your next visit.
With best regards,

Reviewed November 9, 2017

The Puli Hotel is by far and away the most luxurious hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. It is so understated yet the attention to detail is exquisite. The staff are not just friendly and helpful, they will go out of their way to ensure you have everything you need and also a few things you didn't know you needed...
I am looking so forward to my next visit - I actually just want to live there forever....

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
I was so thrilled and delighted to read your TripAdvisor review - thanks so much for commenting on your stay with us!!
My team and I are indeed humbled by your kind words of appreciation - we are happy to read your stay was such a pleasant one and that you actually wish to move in - please do so!!
I was glad to hear our team members went out of their way to ensure your stay was such a delight. They make me very proud day in day out - I am so lucky to be associated with such a lovely group of people.
Please let me know when your travels take you back to our urban resort - I will be happy to look after your arrangements.