“Elegant hotel”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 5,111 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very nice room, elegant hotel and good service. I stayed only one night but everything seemed great.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel compared to other hotels with similar prices.
Would absolutely go back there next time i go to Shanghai

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your comments following your experience at The PuLi last May.

Your appreciation about the room, overall services and hotel design are really very special and well received!. We are glad to know that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

The team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, perhaps for a few days longer so that you can experience all amenities The PuLi has to offer.

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for The PuLi Hotel and Spa

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I traveled down from Beijing for a business meeting in Shanghai. Sadly, we could only stay for one night, because we had such a delightful visit that made us want to stay longer. the Puli is a design gem - it truly feels like an urban sanctuary, a peaceful respite in the midst of Shanghai's bustle.
The Long Bar and first floor lobby had a great buzz: great music, wonderful lighting, couples and business conversations that looked like they just stepped out of a Wallpaper magazine - in terms of hip factor it made cool LA/NYC hotels seem like a Holiday Inn in Des Moines.
We loved our luxurious room, and I loved my time in the gym and male locker room spa - the hammam hot stone, and sauna/steam were perfect.
We actually got to have dinner at the 2nd floor restaurant, which was really pleasurable. Loved the breadbasket and attentive service. veggie options abounded for us !

Finally, we were a stone's throw away from the Portman, which meant we could walk over to our conference at a moment's notice, and then retreat to the Puli at any moment.

I cannot wait to return to the Puli !

Room Tip: Suite was amazing !
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tomer R
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such gracious feedback from your recent stay with us and I am glad you chose The PuLi for your short visit whilst on business in Shanghai.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our urban sanctuary with its soothing design and peaceful ambiance and amenities and that you were able to walk to your nearby meetings from the hotel.

I am especially thrilled that we were able to cater to you on a culinary basis with our vegetarian dishes, our Long Bar and breakfast offerings and that the service by our attentive colleagues was equally to your satisfaction.

We truly appreciate your advocacy for The PuLi and look forward to welcoming you back.
In the interim, I remain at your service.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

After a great hotel experience it's tempting to write long colorful reviews. In this case it's really not needed as there is not much to say beyond: Puli is one of Shanghai's 3 best hotels. Period. Ad to that a fantastic location for everybody with business in Puxi, flawless action by the staff and the best interior in China.

An easy choice: For me, yes!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ittaikan
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Wow, thank you very much for your most generous review following your stay with us at The PuLi.

I am so delighted that we were able to exceed your expectations on all levels and will be pleased to share you positive feedback with the entire team.

It is always gratifying to know that service, design and location were a "home run".

My team and I look very much forward to your return visit and if I may be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed from Friday to Sunday at the Puli and it was a wonderful little getaway with one or two minor hiccups! First we arrived by car but the entrance was a little confusing so we ended up driving in from the exit and was promptly scolded by the hotel bellboy. Not the best first impression. Next we arrived at the check in and it took the staff a little while to noticed that I was waiting. Not a huge problem as I was not in a hurry. The hotel was gorgeous and you walk into a great licorice (anise) scent that was calming and lovely at the lobby. The room itself was spacious and the bed was heavenly! Bath amenities were nice and generous ( loved the shampoo, conditioner and bath gels!) the only problem is when you slide the partition from the bathroom and bedroom the silkscreen is see through so privacy is limited. Nespresso machine was a nice touch! Unfortunately, it was such a short trip that I didn't get to check out too much around the hotel but I loved it so much I'll be staying at the Puli again this coming April and will for sure check out the spa and the rest of the hotel so that I can give a more detailed review! All in all, this is a lovely hotel and the location is fantastic and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review following your staycation at The PuLi earlier this month.

Please accept my apologies for the initial welcome - you are absolutely correct in saying "first impression is a lasting one"!

I am very pleased to read that you noticed our hotel scent and I am equally happy that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms and overall amenities - we get a lot of positive feedback on these.

My entire team and I look very much forward to welcoming you back in April so that you can experience the entire range of our facilities and services.

Thank you for recommending The PuLi and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance whatsoever.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had a wonderful stay. The staff are so helpful and friendly. The room was fabulous and I enjoyed every minute of my stay. The spa experience for me was great. The breakfast had great variety and delicious. So all things considered a terrific place to stay and I will come again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at The PuLi with everyone.
I am grateful for both your time and feedback.

It is a great pleasure to read how much you enjoyed our services and I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many regards, especially with our friendly and helpful staff, our fabulous guest accommodations to our great Spa and culinary delights.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The Puli was recommended to me by a friend who has been living in Shanghai for the past four years and who knows most of the top end hotels in the city very well. He said the Puli was a cut above all the others - the only place to stay. I am glad we followed his advice - it was one of the best hotels I have stayed in and our stay was truly memorable. From the moment we arrived - shabby and dishevelled from many hours' travelling! - we were made to feel special and at home.

The hotel is lovely to look at - the fantastic long bar, spa and beautifully designed rooms. Its facilities (from the beds to the restaurant (where we had a delicious dinner and where breakfast is divine) to the spa) are all wonderfully luxurious. And its young enthusiastic staff are super helpful and friendly.

So many luxury hotels can be unnecessarily stuffy or stiff - with the result that they are not as relaxing as they should be. The Puli is in no way stuffy: it is all about sophisticated but friendly comfort and relaxation - it truly is an urban retreat, an oasis of cool, comfortable relaxation. I am quite sure we wouldn't have had the time we had in Shanghai had we been staying somewhere else.

We returned for our second stay after a few days away in Beijing, arriving at the hotel early in the morning (to leave our bags before checking in later). We said we would come back to check in at lunchtime but the receptionist, seeing that we were tired and in need of some rest, immediately offered us an early check in and also a free upgrade, without us even having asked. That kind of genuine thoughtfulness makes such a difference.

So thank you to everyone at the Puli who gave us such a wonderful stay! We will certainly be back next time we are in Shanghai!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Will B
Jan_B_Tibaldi, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback from your first stay with us.
We are honored that you have become a fan of The PuLi.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in respect to the sophisticated but friendly and gracious service, the overall comfort and relaxation and the high level of culinary delights.

We are indeed as you mentioned an oasis of cool and comfortable relaxation!

Our young and enthusiastic staff will be very happy to know that their helpful and friendly service approach has not gone unnoticed and I am equally pleased that we were able to offer an early check-in and a room upgrade upon your return.

My team and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is wonderful place for you to feel so warm and peaceful once you stay in.
You will feel back to home after a day of exhausting busy meeting, visiting places, or social life.
The hotel is located in the one of most convenience area with full of amenities you need.
We, all our colleagues, tried to find some other places to try out but have been feel so satisfy and not even think about it anymore. We had been traveled to Shanghai every month for past year and feel it is our home.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent experience at The PuLi.

I am so pleased that our convenient location and peaceful guest accommodations exceeded your expectations and that we were able to offer such a home away from home setting to you and friends.

We pride ourselves on providing our guests with warm and friendly service delivery and I am thrilled that we were successful in achieving this with you.

I concur that when you return to The PuLi after a day of hectic hustle and bustle, you are greeted by a calm, warm and peaceful setting - thus brushing aside any negative vibes.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home and in the interim, I remain at your service.