“Great service”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I recently spent 3 days in Shanghai - the hotel was beautiful, the staff was excellent, and the room was great. I had breakfast there two day and it was wonderful and fast. The room was comfortable with stunning views.

1  Thank TIm D
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such excellent comments following your recent stay at The PuLi.

I am pleased to know you had such a wonderful and comfortable experience and I will certainly share your kind words with all our team members so that they can see that their efforts are much appreciated..

We really look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kindest regards,

There are newer reviews for The PuLi Hotel and Spa

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

A very stylist hotel right next to a shopping center and metro.

The room is slightly smaller than other hotels in Shanghai, so the room has adapted an open design. For those who wants to share the room with a stranger, there might be a privacy issue. And due to its design, everything is hiding inside cupboards, which makes it inconvenient to navigate or use the equipment like the kettle.

I also find that the lighting design in the room is bad, there is no master switch, before I go to bed, I have to switch off several lights individually.

The breakfast is semi-buffet style, given the limited range of food choice, I find that the breakfast is quite costly.

It is a generally good hotel given its location, friendly service and cleaniness. However this is not a hotel for those who expect the same level of quality from an international 5 stars chain.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Musesilvergirl
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments posted on TripAdvisor following your stay at The PuLi in December.

I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and rest assured, your valuable comments have been taken in the spirit intended.

Our room size is very much in line with all of the luxury hotels in Shanghai and all of our rooms offer privacy sliding partitions between the bathroom and bedrooms.

My team and I hope to have the pleasure of your return in the near future.

Until then I remain,
With kindest regards

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel has a great vibe overall: modern international natural chic, with great interior architecture. It's spotlessly clean and the staff is attentive, if not overly friendly.
The rooms have an open layout with tubs in the room. The beds are very comfortable. There's room to do work in the rooms, as well as free mini bar and snacks and fruit and water.
The pool / sauna / steam room / hot tub and gym are included.
The spa is run by Anantara, which speaks for itself.
The breakfast is pricey but well worth it as it is a great mix of eastern and western foods.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Shanghai.

1  Thank randygoldberg

Dear Guest,
Your comments posted on TripAdvisor were very well received - thank you for taking the time to summarize your stay!

It is always a great pleasure to receive such great accolades from our guests such as your fine self.

The entire team works very hard to ensure a very high service standard is maintained - from the time you walk in to your check-out and farewell.

We are very fortunate to have such a great location with JingAn Park next door and when you are able to match this with great service, international chic, great interior architecture, comfort and all the other great points you mentioned, then you have the "total package" for success.

I hope you will give us the pleasure of returning to our hotel with an overall great vibe in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have just spent a week at the Puli. It is simply the best city hotel I have ever experienced. I have stayed in 5 star hotels in many capitals and the Puli is really that good. The design is superb. The atmosphere is spot on. The staff and service is faultless, but not a pretentious or over the top. It is just right. In a bustling busy city like Shanghai, the Puli is a wonderful oasis. I cannot recommend it more.

Room Tip: Top floors club rooms facing west onto Jing An temple have amazing views of the city

Dear Guest,

I very much appreciated you taking the time to comment so graciously on TripAdvisor following your week's stay at The PuLi.

It is always gratifying to read that your experience was such a great one, from the design to the atmosphere and most importantly, that the staff was faultless in their unpretentious approach in ensuring that our guests are so well looked after.

I do hope you will come back to Shanghai's bustling city one day soon and in the meantime,
I remain,

With kindest regards from the wonderful oasis as you so kindly put it.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Although I was very unlucky with the weather in Shanghai, my choosing THE PULI Hotel and Spa was the best decision. Aside from its perfect location, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. My room had a beautiful view on the park.
From home, I booked a day tour with driver and guide to see Shanghai as well as a trip by train to Nanjing with a guide picking me up at the train station Nanjing. The hotel organized these two trips perfectly with very nice and interesting guides.
So all in all: wanna go to Shanghai?? Stay at the PuLi!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to read your nice comments following your stay with us at The PuLi - thank you for taking the time to post your great review on TripAdvisor.

Yes, unfortunately this time of the year can be a little tricky when it comes to sunny days....

I am very happy to read that despite the weather you were able to make the most out of what Shanghai has to offer and that my concierge staff were able to tailor make your sightseeing and visits exactly to your liking.

My entire team and I look forward to having the pleasure of your return to Shanghai in the near future and most certainly, we will be luckier with the weather!

Reviewed February 19, 2014

was one of the trips where only phuket and my brothers wedding was plan but had to get to shanghai at some point for Biz...

and well found my self via Chinese whispers @ the Puli!!!'

I give it my patented @ thumbs Up!!!

Met some great peeps who work @ the puli and some great peeps who were staying @ the Puli.

Love it found myself in room 1011 my birth date which was kind of twilighty zone but good business ensued and some unexpected business too one three fronts from random run ins with peeps about the hotel!!!

lets just say i have found another home away from home!

Room Tip: Say Hello to random hotel guests and staff and who know what may become!!! Kinda like the mentos...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Phoenix H
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear Guest,
Wow, what a fabulous review - thank you very much for your very kind words of appreciation.

I am delighted your trip to Shanghai was such a successful one, both from a business and personal note.
And to have matched your d.o.b. with your roomnumber - what a coinsidence and good omen it turned out to be!

As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

At The PuLi, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of quality service delivery and I am delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us.

All team members and I look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The service was very good and attentive. The housekeepers were great; infact the housekeepers are probably the best in Shanghai. They are very polite and always with big smile. They sincerely and graciously apologize if they make any small mistakes.

The room was great. It is very surprising that the hotel is over 4 years old, and still looks brand spanking new. The puddle took a bit of time to dry in the shower. This was a construction issue, not the drainage issue.

The restaurant service is again one of the best in Shanghai.

This is a hotel with a difference. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay here if you are in Shanghai or you are living in Shanghai and would like to get away from it all.

Puli, you will definitely see me again!

Room Tip: I think the room looking over the park is much nicer.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your most gracious praises from your recent stay at The PuLi. I am truly honored that you think so highly of our housekeepers and restaurant servers.

I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations in so many ways from our warm, attentive and friendly service provided by our team members to the lovely guest room and hotel upkeep.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and in the interim, I remain at your service.