“Excellent service, excellent atmosphere”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 5,059 Hotels in Shanghai
“Excellent service, excellent atmosphere”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed 5 days for business in PuLi hotel and was agreeably surprised by the excellent atmosphere. Staff are wonderfully attentive to every detail that might make your stay better, and no detail escapes from their eyes.
The architecture and design of hotel is modern with many art pieces are around, it makes the place peaceful and surprisingly agreeable.
Try the swimming pool as well.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank DameGrenade
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I sincerely thank you for your encouraging and kind words of praise posted on TripAdvisor following your 5-day stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

Your generous indication of our excellent atmosphere and attentive colleagues' performance will be a source of inspiration to all of us and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.

I look forward to welcoming you again shortly and remain,

Jan B.Tibaldi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Connecticut
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in March and couldn’t have asked for anything better! We had high expectations and they were far exceeded; which I didn’t think was possible. Everything was exceptional. The Puli was so nice; it was a luxury just staying in the room! We only ate in the hotel once; room service dinner, which was delicious. In addition, the bath products are amazing; they were unquestionably higher quality than products the Ritz or Four Seasons uses. The cleaning service was incredible as well; nothing was left untouched; everything was spotless. I’m pretty sure I couldn’t even find a fingerprint mark anywhere in the hotel. The concierge and front desk was always helpful as we needed their assistance at least once a day getting around Shanghai. Overall it was the perfect comfort/relaxation and luxury we were looking for. I hope we have the opportunity to return to Shanghai soon as I wouldn’t even consider staying anywhere else!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank triptotrip2008
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Sunny greetings from The PuLi Hotel and Spa,

Wow, thank you so much for your lovely comments posted on TripAdvisor following your stay with us earlier in the year.

I am thrilled to know we were able to exceed your expectations across the board and that all aspects of your stay were exceptional! I agree with you wholeheartedly that our bath products are great and of very high quality.

I was especially happy to read that our Concierge and Front Desk staff were particularly helpful in making sure you got around Shanghai just fine.

We hope to have the pleasure in seeing you again when you next travel back to Shanghai and remain,

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The great experience in this hotel. great pool,great breakfast,great room and great bed!
Also the staff were all professional.I had some problem with checking in(because of my mistake) but they were unbelievably helpful.
Its sad that you can't see the bund view from this area but worth staying in hotel paking yourself and relax!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MCocoon
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa last fall.

I am so pleased to read that you had a great experience at our hotel and that you really enjoyed our room features, the indoor infinity pool, our breakfast spread and that our staff was professional. I was very happy to share your kind words with the entire team.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and my team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the PuLi in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Australia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Trip Adviser pointed us to a great hotel. The layout and fittings are sublime - definitely worth a visit to Shanghai just to stay at this hotel.

Location is a bit far from the Bund and the river but nearby are great department stores and a delightful park. Traffic was busy but not too difficult to get to the main tourist areas.

Only complexity was the operation of the 'Club' accommodation. There is no Club Lounge as such but the hotel gives a drinks allowance which can be used in the main bar and there is a generous laundry service and services of a butler. If revisiting I would probably not book club level accommodation since all of this hotel is 'club' standard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AUSSIETRAVELADVISER
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I was very happy to note that you made your decision to stay with us based on TripAdvisor reviews and that you found our layout and fittings sublime and our Club Benefits generous.

With regards to our Club Room benefits I would like to mention that they do represent excellent value for money and whilst the Club Room category does not differentiate from our "regular" guest room other than being on floors 20-25 they differ substantially from a benefits point of view and are greatly appreciated by our guests upgrading to this particular package.

My entire team looks very much forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future when your travels take you back to Shanghai.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my 10th visit to Shanghai and the first staying at the Puli. From the moment you arrive you feel as if everyone is very happy that you are there. You will read many reviews about the beauty of the hotel and they are all true. The outdoor space with the lounge chairs and reflecting pool is a great place to sit and relax in the evening. You would never know that you are in such a great location close to the expressway and the Jing An Temple. The park behind the hotel is great for people watching and having a relaxing afternoon after sightseeing.One afternoon we had the pleasure of having the whole pool area to ourselves and I can tell you that after visiting factories for a week I felt all the stress just running out of my body. The personnel at the hotel just make you relax and feel as if you are the most important person there. The secret to a great hotel experience is to make the guests feel as if they are at home but without any of the work or hassles. The Puli makes you feel like that in a very special way. We hated to leave and will be sure to return on the 11th visit to Shanghai.
I could tell you a lot more but as usual I have to work. Too bad the Puli is 24 hours away or I'd go back to relax this weekend.

Room Tip: We loved the corner room with views to the city and park. I saw that there were some larger rooms up...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such generous feedback from your experiences on TripAdvisor.

I am so delighted that you enjoyed the fabulous PuLi features surrounded by the JingAn Park and the famed JingAn temple - all this within the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city!

I am also pleased to learn that you had the opportunity to make use of our indoor infinity pool and that you had a tranquil and relaxing time.

Thank you especially for taking the time to recognize our team members for their hard work and dedication - I have shared your feedback with the team who were thrilled by your most gracious praises.

I truly appreciate your patronage to The PuLi Hotel and Spa and look forward to welcoming you back soon to your home away from home.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

hong kong
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August and was blown away. You can feel the tranquility the moment you step out of the car at the hotel entrance, surrounded with bamboo and decorated with oriental stone statues. The decor is contemporary Chinese. The service is very good and the rooms are very comfortable. I also loved the spa products offered in the room - Nayan Kala. They are not available for sale at the hotel unfortunately but it is very good. I loved the library, the sauna facilities, and the pool. Note that this is a boutique hotel so it will be different from the major chains. For example, my girlfriend who stayed with me prefers The Waldorf. But for me, The Puli takes the cake. It has become my favorite hotel in Shanghai and I cannot wait to go back. I recommend this to anyone who appreciates understated elegance and/or contemporary Asia interiors.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travelgirlhk
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for posting such a lovely TripAdvisor review following your stay with us in August at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I was delighted to read that we were able to blow you away with our contemporary chinese decor and understated elegance, the overall tranquiliy once you step into the hotel, the comfortable rooms and our service attitude and delivery made possible by our dedicated colleagues.

Thank you so much for recommending our urban resort to your friends - my colleagues and I can't wait to welcome you back on your next trip to Shanghai!

Marina del Rey
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Beautifully designed zen oasis in the heart of Old Shanghai with a gorgeous lobby, pool and spa. Be sure to go outside to the park behind the hotel at 7am one morning to observe the morning exercises. The rooms were like something you'd see in a design magazine, feel of a New York loft of the future.

Room Tip: Even the smaller rooms are large.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
I am so pleased to read that you had such a fabulous time at The PuLi Hotel and Spa and Shanghai.
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback - and yes, we are very proud to have been able to create an oasis in the heart of hustling and bustling Shanghai right next to JingAn Park.

Providing attentive and friendly services is always at the top of our mind and it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our urban resort setting and atmosphere and design.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Shanghai in the not too distant future.
Kindest regards,