“Excellent!”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #4 of 5,146 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very cool hotel, from the aniseed scent in the reception area to the super laid back pool and spa this hotel was just a delight. Staff were helpful but unobtrusive and nothing was too much trouble. Spacious room with huge bathroom area behind sliding, glass encased silk screens which made the whole room feel much bigger. Unlimited slippers and robes, and unlimited fabulous toiletries! Free mini bar was terrific but wasn't sure if the snacks were included so didn't sample those. Handy for shopping but a metro ride from the Bund. Have previously stayed at Les Suites Orient overlooking the Bund, which is glorious, but no pool. This trip my daughter was doing work experience at Park Place just next door to the Puli, hence we stayed here and not disappointed. Would recommend either in an instance The week we stayed Armani were having their South East Asia Conference in the Puli - says it all really!!

Room Tip: Odd numbers overlook the park.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank cfp3110
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your great review following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I am pleased that our spacious guest accommodations with huge bathroom exceeded your expectations and that you also picked up on our hotel signature scent.
And yes, the minibar snacks come with our compliments as well!

I was really delighted that you appreciated the helpful and unobtrusive service extended by our team members. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with thoughtful service delivery, and I am proud to learn that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you.

I hope to welcome you and your family back in the near future and remain at your service.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Quite simply, an amazing experience. I travel a lot and very rarely do I see service like this. Jan the GM and all the staff make you feel at home and the whole hotel has got an excellent relaxed whilst polished feel... I'll definitely be coming back to stay..

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a great TripAdvisor review following your stay with us in August.

Wow, what can I say - I am delighted to read you had such an amazing stay and that you appreciated our service, and that coming from such a well traveled person.

We pride ourselves on the personalized and unobrusive service extended by our colleagues and I was proud to learn that all of our team members were successful in achieving this with you.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home!

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Business trip. One night.

Pros:
- Nice design and good living space

Cons:
- Did not venture around the area but looked quiet
- Best to head elsewhere for F&B... Hotel bar did not look interesting

In conclusion, I would likely pick the big brand hotels on my next trip to Shanghai. The Puli is good and would be a nice back up.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank liws21
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review following your short stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa last fall.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our design and living space.

And yes, a year ago, the area around the hotel seemed relatively quiet with JingAn Park to one side, giving the effect of being surrounded by green lungs of nature.

That is why even a year later, our guests enjoy our hotel's location as they can return to the calm from the hustle and bustle once they walk into our hotel.

I hope my team and I have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I probably cannot give you enough accolades here to suggest how wonderful my stay at the Puli Hotel and Spa was during a recent visit to Shanghai. In a most elegant part of town, with interior and exterior design to die for, I was able to leave behind every care and irritant when I walked into their very modern lobby. Checking in while seated, which only a few of the best hotels allow, I soon found myself enjoying a glass of Prosecco and delighting in the many comforts of the place. Attendance to my needs seemed to be their priority, but I'll quickly say that my fellow guests also seemed to be well satisfied! The staff is pleasant and attentive, and it seemed as if the manager was everywhere at once, looking in on all of his guests. Bravo to him! You run a fine establishment, Sir, and I will return! Both the spa and the pool were too seductive!
kss

P.S. - Did I mention that the food in the restaurant was scrumptious? Make sure you have the Sunday buffet!

Room Tip: Get the highest floor you can, and watch Shanghai glow at night!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kss877
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

We are humbled by your high praise and thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We could not concur more with your statement in describing the calmness one experiences when walking through the large doors to the lobby, leaving all noise and irritation behind.

We were expecially delighted that you appreciated the timely and genuine service extended by our team members. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with thoughtful and unobtrusive service delivery, and I am proud to learn that our entire team was successful in achieving this with you and your fellow guests. Our culinary team will be happy to read about your various scrumptious dining experiences.

We hope to welcome you back very soon when you are next coming to Shanghai.
In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel is really magnificent !!!
Nothing to say everything is perfect , from the lobby to the room furniture , to the pool !!
The only bad note is the Italian restaurant inside the hotel TO AVOID !! they serve terrible Italian food .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We are very happy to read that you had a perfect stay and that you enjoyed our hotel amenities and facilites to that extent.

May I clarify that our restaurant Jing'An is not an "Italian" restaurant - it serves a modern, international cuisine and our Executive Chef tries to incorporate as many local ingredients as possible.
I have since reached out to you directly so as to understand your experience and feedback.

Wishing you a very nice Ferragosto and looking forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

great way to end off my shanghai trip ... the chaos, stress, and memories of horrible taxi drivers melted away immediately upon checking in. super relaxing pool and spa area, generally impeccable service (with the exception of the restaurant) - loved the in-room butler service. really comfortable bed too.

only issue was with restaurant staff who did not give correct information which resulted in us being forced to have the brunch buffet when we really just wanted something light from the a la carte menu (they had told us this was not possible, but we later found out that, had we waited just 20 mins, we would have been able to do so).

Room Tip: club floor rooms have additional service benefits
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We hope your onwards travels were comfortable and we thank you very much for taking the time to write your overall positive review following your visit with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

I was delighted to read that the final stage of your Shanghai trip was spent with us and that you were able to leave any chaos, stress related mode of travels behind you and endulge in the "super zen" and peaceful hotel environment we are famed for.

I will let the butler team know they greatly contributed to the overall success of your stay.

Please accept my apologies for the wrong information given to you at our restaurant during Sunday brunch with regards to serving a la Carte. I have addressed this with our service team and reenforced our alternate dining options such as offering our Long Bar venue for a la Carte and snacks during brunch time.

Thank you again for your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I visited the Puli Hotel and Spa on a recent to Shanghai. I found that the hotel facilities were very zen like.The rooms are extremely well decorated and comfortable with an amazing view of the skyline. However, most importantly the service by the hotel staff is exemplary and unobtrusive. The food, of course, was top class. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lili R
Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your TripAdvisor review following your stay with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We are thrilled to read your stay was such a success and that you enjoyed the Zen like atmosphere and that you were comfortable with your room overlooking Shanghai's skyline.

We appreciate your comment on the service being unobtrusive yet great and that from a culinary point of view, you were equally satisfied.
I will be pleased to share your experiences with our team who will be delighted to know that their work has not gone unnoticed.

Please do let us know if we may be of any assistance whatsoever in the near future and we wish you a very pleasant summer.