The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Yan'an Hotel(Shanghai)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
Good 3.5/5
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
    Xinchang Hostel(Shanghai)
    Minttown Hotel(Shanghai)
    Average 3/5
      1,566 results
      All reviewsurban resortjing'an parkcomplimentary mini bargrand roomnespresso machinefrench concessionbutler servicebustling citydark woodstylish hotelsteam roompark hyattlobby areaamazing hotelmetro stationrooms are largevisiting shanghai
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed July 9, 2013

We enjoyed and were able to relax in the Puli Hotel in the heart of Shanghai.
      They serene decor and welcoming staff made us feel like we were at a resort and not an urban city center. All the comforts of home. Private, healthy pace or service delivery. Spa is an exotic sanitary, no pomp and circumstance just good basics perfect for jet lag.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
      Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guest,
      Thank you for the great feedback from your recent stay with us at the PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We were thrilled that our serene decor and welcoming staff made you feel like being in a resort and not a city hotel and that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

We pride ourselves on making our guests feel at home inmidst of the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city environment and that is why we have such a high % of loyal repeat guest stay with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Puli Hotel has been added to my favourite Hotels list now. It is luxurious in the lobby, rooms and spa. Even though the weather was terrible when we were visiting Shanghai, I was very happy in my Puli oasis. The spa treatments and personnel are exquisite, the pool, sauna, steam room are all top notch. Breakfast buffet was also excellent as was the "long bar" and lounge for drinks and appetizers.
      We booked 30 days in advance as they offer a significant discount for advanced bookings.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
      Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Sunny greetings from The PuLi Hotel and Spa,

Thank you so much for your lovely comments you posted on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

We are thrilled to know you have included our hotel to your list of favourites and that you have rated our Lobby, Guest Room and Spa, our Long Bar and breakfast buffet so highly.

I was especially happy to read that our staff were exquisite as you put it, in making your stay such a comfortable one.

We hope to have the pleasure in seeing you again when you next travel back to Shanghai and remain,

With kindest regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We like the design of the Puli and the Long Bar concept where Check-in and your first drink are just served over the same long counter. But here is the problem: If you expect a good host at the other side of that counter you are mistaken.
      We waited for the drink list while other people were seated and got their menu before us. Finally I got to order a Single Malt for 118 Yuan, after 5 minutes the waiter returned just to ask me if I want it with ice(!) After another 5 Minutes he arrived with the glass. I could hardly recognize the content. There was just a very tiny sip in it just covering the bottom of the glass. I ask the bar keeper about it and his rude answer was: "Want a double"?
      My wife's Pina Colada wasn't better. Lots of ice and no alcohol could be tasted. We went on to the new Bar at the neighboring Shangrila where I got a triple whisky (by Puli measures) and a handshake from the bar keeper.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
      Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback from your recent Long Bar visit with us.

We are truly disheartened to have disappointed you on this occasion with our beverage service.
      This is certainly not indicative of the service levels that we pride ourselves on.

Please allow me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience, frustration you experienced. Rest assured we take your valuable comments in the spirit intended and this has been discussed with our Long Bar team.

I would like to point out that we use 30ml jigger size measuring units for our spirits and we serve such beverages in larger than normal rock glasses so that the aroma and taste is appreciated. Other establishments use up to 45ml jigger size and the size of glassware can warry.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your confidence in us and look forward to remain at your service.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife, 12-year old daughter and I spent 3 nights here and it was fantastic. The beauty, aesthetic and attention to detail is amazing, and the service is extremely solicitous yet warm and friendly. We loved being in the club level with butler, who tracked us down at dinner to bring our free aperitifs and lent my daughter an ipad, among many other touches. We normally try to stay at small funky hotels that are more personal, but wanted a "james bond" kind of experience to see the "new China" in Shanghai. The Puli was perfect for that. I wish one could get Chinese food at dinner there, as we arrived too late to go out, but Jing'An was excellent nonetheless (vastly better than M on the Bund, which we recommend purely for the views). Compared to the 4 seasons in NYC, the Imperial in Vienna, and the Royal Riviera in Cap-Ferrat, the Puli is hands-down preferable in my book (though YMMV, say if you want chandeliers in your room). Much more human and personal than those, though nothing compares to a b&b/small inn for the personal touch/local flavor.

Room Tip: We were splurging, but felt club room was well worth it. They say to get one facing the park, which I think all club rooms do.
      • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
      Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most rewarding feedback from your recent experience at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We are truly delighted that our team, in particular the Butler colleagues were instumental in making your familie's stay on the Club level such a fantastic and personal "James Bond" experience.

We are also thrilled to be compared and to have the edge on some of the top worldwide hotels you listed.

Wishing you a fabulous summer and we look forward to welcoming you and family back soon.

In the interim, I remain at your service.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I spent only one night at this hotel and definitely will return for more. Loved the bed, the bathtub overlooking the city, and the chic outdoor lounge. Only wish the internet had been better, but that's China. Spa seriously relaxing. Great and generous breakfast, and managed to sneak in a very good lunch here too. High praise for my too short stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
      Jan_B_Tibaldi_Puli, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your glowing feedback from your recent experience with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa.

We are delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations; from the comfortable bed to the bathrooms overlooking the great skyline to our chic outdoor lounge and relaxing spa, and our generous breakfast and great lunches served at the Jing'An restaurant.

You will be happy to read that by 2nd week of July we will have completed our Internet service upgrades.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Shanghai.