“Wonderful evening”

The PuLi Hotel and Spa
Ranked #5 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Unfortunately my stay here was too brief - one evening with an early morning departure. That being said the hotel is beautiful - from the moment you arrive the experience is professional, the environment low key but very elegant - well-designed contemporary Chinese interiors. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
The_PuLi_GM, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

What a great review - thank you for taking the time to post your experience with us at The PuLi Hotel and Spa. We hope your onward travels were smooth and look very much forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for The PuLi Hotel and Spa

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I got a great deal on the Ctrip website. The location is great, in the city center and just above the subway station. This hotel was relatively new, so it had that furnishing smell when I stayed there. The furniture and decoration are beautiful and modern. Fantastic lobby and bar. Service was not great as I expected. But they do have amazing spa. If you stayed here for relaxing, definitely try the spa!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elise317
The_PuLi_GM, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments following your stay at The PuLi Hotel & Spa.

We very much enjoyed reading your nice review, especially with regards to our decor and design - the Lobby and Bar area and our great Spa.
We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you very soon again!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

An Island of peace in a chaotic City. Excellent.Spa and swimming pool, the restaurant offers a very good breakfast and meals in general with fresh ingredients with an impeccable service, The position is not the best. I will certain come back if I return to Shanghai.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The PuLi Hotel and Spa and we hope your onwards travels were smooth. Thanks very much for your TA review and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future again.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

It s a wonderful hotel. The decoration is beautiful, the rooms are well designed and the atmosphere is great.
However, the first day, i had a broken piece of porcelain in my glass and one capsule of coffee was missing.
One of my friend has been upgraded because it was her first time.Well, it was my first time too and didn't get the same treatment... I don't know why.

The breakfast is good even though i have seen better buffet in other 5 stars hotel.
I couldn't try the swimming pool nor the spa but i think it's just amazing!
The service is still good even if it seems that they are less fast and efficient as before. I had to wait 10 minutes in the dark because my key room suddenly stop working...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
The_PuLi_GM, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at The PuLi Hotel & Spa.
Whilst I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you gave such high praise on design, decoration and atmosphere I was very concerned to read about the malfunctioning bedroom lighting and broken porcelain in a glass. I have sent you my contact details separately and hope we can make contact so that I can better understand what happened.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope we can touch base.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at the Puli for three nights in late-October 2012 and could not have been any more pleased.

As others have said, the hotel's design is sleek, elegant and understated. It's Jing An location is well-located for good shopping, restaurants, and the park itself.

My room was large, extremely well-designed, and very comfortable. I particularly appreciatedthe very comfortable bed, the multiple lighting options in the room, and a nicely stocked minibar with tea and coffee making facilities. Lots of little amenities, nice bath products, everything you could possibly want, actually.

We had dinner one evening in the main restaurant and the quality of food was certainly of the standard of any world-class hotel or restaurant. Excellent service and just a beautiful room in which to dine. The lobby itself is a really nice place for a drink or a snack, as is the outside terrace outside terrace (provided the smokers stand far off to the side...)

Room service was extremely speedy and very friendly/efficient. I ordered a continental breakfast each of the three days and was fully satisfied with the food and the lovely presentation. Similarly, I sent clothing out for cleaning and they returned beautifully laundered, pressed and folded.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Shanghai and will certainly look forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Park-side rooms must have nicer views than those facing the other side...
Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MAWander
The_PuLi_GM, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation and detailed description following your recent visit at The Puli Hotel and Spa. I have since shared your comments with my team and they were equally delighted to know how much you enjoyed their service interaction and delivery.
We look very much forward to welcoming you back to this part of the world and remain,

With kindest regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and we really enjoyed our stay at The Puli. Amazing decoration, they really looked at every detail and did a great job with the place. The food was great, from breakfast to the afternoon tea, the cocktails and dinner. Excelent service and the rooms were spotless. The concierge even booked us tour in Beging and arrenged for the train tickets to be in our room before departing. Will come back and recomend it!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChFinkelberg
The_PuLi_GM, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear guest,
Wow, what lovely feedback!
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to take care of you during your 4-day stay at The PuLi Hotel and Spa. Your comments have been shared with the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future and will certainly take care of your friends. We appreciate your recommendations!

Best regards

Reviewed October 29, 2012

First time in this hotel. Very nice ,very modern and minimal. Rooms are big and very confortable.
Concierge very unsual, having to seat to check in or check out ...something is wrong. It takes much too long to check in an to check out. Breakfast was not as expected, veri minimal too. Service not as it should be.

Room Tip: stay away from the major road side, very noisy, heavy traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
The_PuLi_GM, General Manager at The PuLi Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear doctorarny,

Thank you for your posting. I am happy to see you have enjoyed the comfort and the size of the room. Just to clarify perhaps: we have chairs at reception and at concierge as a standard in our urban resort.
All your other comments have been discussed with the team accordingly.

Many thanks and best regards,
Martijn van der Valk