All reviews zhongshan park subway entrance rooms are clean free wifi nice hotel front desk staff shopping mall lobby bar convenient location business trip nice room breakfast buffet is pudong airport jeffery yue line english
Reviewed November 19, 2018

I stayed here for 6 nights in November and the room and hotel was very nice and clean although the rooms could do with a bit of a refresh. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Breakfast too was very good with a wide range of choices, from bacon, eggs, cheese etc through to more Chinese offerings. The bar downstairs was very modern and lively, and the beer and bar food great.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Marcel v, General Manager at Pentahotel Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2018

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your nice remarks about our hotel, excellent breakfast, friendly team of Associates and fun pentalounge on the ground floor. Your comments about the rooms have been noted and are being looked into. We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2018

This hotel is nice for the people who did not have enough budget to stay in the New World Shanghai hotel but like its location. And I like the variety of breakfast. The employees are friendly. The most special is the dancing party in the lobby during weekend evening. But sorry that the room decoration is getting old and not well maintain especially in the bathroom. One thing needs to be improved right away is the water temperature changed from very hot to cold automatically which is not stable. This might hurt the hotel guests.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Euclid H

Thank you for your constructive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I thank you for pointing out our excellent location, breakfast and friendly team of Associates. Your comments about the room product have been noted and are currently being looked into for improvement. The issue about the water temperature has been fixed and I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by it. We look forward to have you back very soon to show that we have taken your comments to heart!

Reviewed November 8, 2018

I really did not expect much , when I was referred to this hotel solely based on the price I paid and had little expectations and booked a couple nights. Since my first check in , I have given all my business to Penta Shanghai Hotel of 45 plus days over 3 months and what keeps me here is the quality of staff, the comfort of the rooms, western style buffet breakfast, a good menu in general that does need more entrees , but what ever is offered on the menu is great, beds, enough news channels and great internet. Hats off to lance who works at the front desk who always makes sure when I need help he cares. If your looking for a place to stay you will not be disappointed

1  Thank DayTrip21341363432

Thank you for your extensive and positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear we exceeded your expectations and appreciate your observations about our value for money hotel after your stay with us. Thanks also for pointing out our enthusiastic team of Associates and Lance in particular. I will make sure he gets recognised for a job well done! We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

good staffs,good location. There have many shopping malls nearby the hotel. We have an excellent night today. I have to mention a staff he is receptionist from the front desk. His name is Lance very kindly man. He helped me taking the heavy boxes to the room. Thanks a lot.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with 单个酒店
1  Thank Global17060062323

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your nice remarks about our excellent location and friendly team of Associates with Lance in particular. I will make sure he gets recognised for a job well done! We look forward to have you back very soon!

Reviewed November 7, 2018

- good location - near subway station
- clean and well serviced
- excellent choice of meals at breakfast
The meals for dinner and lunch have changed in 2018, unfortunately not to my liking. Before the menu was based on Chinese meals with a few global meals like burgers or pasta. Now they have all-Asian mix of meals that didn't impress me much :-(

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank kopacekj

Thank you for your positive comments about pentahotel Shanghai. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your nice remarks about our hotel, excellent breakfast and fantastic location with metro lines 2, 3 and 4 right on our doorstep. I am sorry you found our new pentalounge menu not to your liking and will pass your comments to our Chef for consideration. We look forward to have you back very soon!