Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai
Renaissance Hotels
$247
$198
  • Restaurant
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$181
$158
$186
$174
  • Pool
All reviewspudong airportfree shuttlean early flightshuttle servicelong layoverovernight staynext morninglate at nightlobby barstayed here for one nightmaglev trainthe hotel offersbreakfast buffetenglishtaxiconveniencegym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Ramadaairportpd, Manager at Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The good:
It is close to the airport and has very good free shuttle service to and from the hotel and seems to be very punctual. Note the scheduled pickup/dropoff times on their website (which may not have been updated) are good to keep in mind. They are also posted at the hotel shuttle waiting area at the airport, at the hotel lobby and the bellboy can give you a card listing them too.

At the airport, the internal airport signs are a bit deceptive for the hotel shuttle pickup area. (I was coming out of entrance 27.) I had to ask a cop who pointed me in the right direction. Ignore the gypsy cabbies offering to take you to the hotel. Just wait for the shuttle, unless you are in a super hurry. If that is the case, just wait in the taxi queue.

The room was clean and quiet and the bed was fine (I was travelling alone and got twin beds).
They had two bottles of complimentary water which was nice. Internet is free.

The bad:
When checking out, it took longer than it should have and I missed my intended shuttle for the airport. (Luckily, I had allowed for this possibility.) They tried to charge me for 2 beers, which I never had because I didn't drink that night. It turns out that they had put another room's tab on my own by mistake.

The staff's English, overall is rudimentary. They can usually find at least one person that is fairly fluent to help you, if you show up in person. However, skip trying to call them. I had requested toothpaste (just needed a very small complimentary tube) but I had a baffling conversion on the phone and just gave up.

The ugly:
The Internet is slow at the hotel. I could print out my boarding passes at their business centre, but the Internet was horrifically slow and their Windows 7 computers needed 120 updates! Also, they only had Internet Explorer (no Firefox) and many of the pop-up dialogues were in Mandarin Chinese and I was clueless on how to proceed. I eventually got through it all, but it took 10 times longer than it should have, while I was being bitten by mosquitoes.

It is likely that the staff will immediately respond to my comments with a pro forma response.
Ah, well. The hotel did the job, but if I stay there again, I will make sure to bring a small tube of toothpaste, wait to print my boarding pass at the airport, and make sure to thoroughly review my bill and allow extra time for doing so.

The restaurant service is not bad, but the food is very mediocre even though the restaurant looks very modern and nice.

Room Tip: There is construction going on at the hotel. Make sure that you request a quiet room. Also, if you are travelling alone and willing to make do with twin beds, you might get an upgrade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank nakorsakov

Greetings from Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai!
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to make comments on our hotel. I feel honored that you enjoyed your short stay at our hotel. Hope our staff provide high quality service to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedbacks such as yours assist us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that comments and issues will be addressed. Thank you for your compliments about hotel and we will continue to improve our service.
We have especially noted your comments and we will try our utmost to provide excellent service.

Would like to advise you that we provide FREE internet and WIFI in all the Guest Rooms and Public Areas.
I’m so glad you like our new room,because, we reopened our newly renovated rooms at the South Building. The Center Building and Executive Floor Lounge reopened in early part of February.
In February we closed the North Building for the Room Renovation and the project to be completed by October 2014.
The Brasserie’s renovation has been completed and the New Brasserie has reopened on 28th of January, 2013. You will see for yourself of the changes we made and it is a big turnaround of this place, now it is airy, bright and modern!
I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
With best personal regards and hope to hear from you in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was well decorated and the guest rooms were very clean and had everything I needed.

The hotel staff Is very friendly and helpful. We had half a day to spend in shanghai while waiting for our flight so the staff helped plane out shanghai mini tour. It included shopping, and checking out a few sites.

It did cost a but of money to go to downtown from the hotel as it's about 30 minutes away but it was well worth it. All taxi drivers know the Ramada by the airport and it's around 120RMB each way.

The hotel had a very good breakfast. They had many different items as well as fresh fruit.

When I am in the area again I will definitely stay here.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Carolinablue26
Ramadaairportpd, Manager at Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Greetings from Ramada Pudong Airport Shanghai!
I am so glad that you like our new guest rooms, we reopened our newly renovated rooms at the South Building. The Center Building and Executive Floor Lounge reopened in early part of February.

Finally, we reopened our newly renovated rooms at the South Building. The Center Building and Executive Floor Lounge reopened in early part of February.
With best personal regards and hope to hear from you in the near future.