“french fine dining at its best !”

Jade on 36 - Pudong Shangri-La Hotel
Ranked #93 of 17,329 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: European
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Description: Jade on 36 Restaurant is taking a on a new face with the introduction of a new chef and new decor. Short of a rebranding, but more of a revamp, Jade on 36 Restaurant still offers the same breathtaking views of Shanghai and the Bund, while offering a complete selection of European-Fusion cuisine created by Jade on 36 Restaurant's new Chef de Cuisine, Jeremy Biasiol. The natural setting of Jade on 36 Restaurant's new decor is an oasis within a fast paced city and the food emphasizes on the virtues of enjoying, relaxing and sharing. The usage of wood reflects a relaxing environment and an introduction of a lounge and a mini bar further epitomizes relaxation and sharing. Chef Jeremy Biasiol's creations in the kitchen are nothing short of astounding, comprising a complete experience of visual and aromatic stimuli. Visit the brand new Jade on 36 Restaurant for a completely unrefined yet classy experience.
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Very nice brunch at Jade on 36 I have been told by friends its the priciest but the best they were right ! Free flow Taittinger, lobster, Cavia, French oysters.. Nice ambiance and good service and the viewv!!! La cerise sur le gâteau !

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dined here with my husband, and mum who was visiting Shanghai. Absolute delight.
I highly recommend feasting on the seafood and desserts. Both are of extremely high quality and go spectacularly with the free flow champagne.
I didn't particularly enjoy the main course, although it was really cool to go into the kitchen, chat with the chef and choose your dish. The beef was a bit dry and I wished that I'd stuck with the seafood.
We were also disappointed with the wine on offer... There's only so much bubbles one can take with brunch! The alternative was a low quality Australian Chardonnay. I assume that they change their wine option fairly regularly though.
All in all I highly recommend this brunch for a special occasion. We'll be back but will definitely stick with seafood and desserts next time.

helen w, General Manager at Jade on 36 - Pudong Shangri-La Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Missmjtb

Thank you for selecting our Jade on 36 Restaurant Brunch and share your dining experience with us, we were delighted that you enjoy our seafood and desserts. We will share this with our team, we hope to see you and your family soon in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Ulf Bremer
Pudong Shangri-La, East Shanghai

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had a nice experience at Jade on 36. I only dropped in to sit down for a cocktail and to see the view. The staff were very nice, and attentive. The view of the Bund from here is amazing in the evening. Try to get a window seat if you can. There was a piano player and a lovely lady singing some jazz music. It was very relaxing and the cocktails are reasonably priced for where you are.

2  Thank eIeven11
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Amazing view on the bund, warm service, the decor is a bit cold though. We were a bit disappointed as we chose to order the set 4 courses menu but couldn't see the menu before hand and was told it was at the chef's discretion - which for the price you pay, I would have liked to be able to chose what I was going to eat (at least 2 selection).
Food is of very good quality and very nice but slightly overpriced.

1  Thank lpb_38
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Actually the restaurant was very good in its decor. The food quality not too bad. The view was spectacular. The service was a bit too fancy for my taste. Our business dinner was pre-ordered French set dinner. The portions were rather tiny and there was too much time between courses. Also, i don't really enjoy waiters announcing each course like ushering in a celebrity, describing its nuances, adding drama and pomp, especially if you don't understand French food in the first place. I don't blame the staff though. They were just doing their job and doing it well.