“Nice place to relax with a view”

Jade on 36 - Pudong Shangri-La Hotel
Ranked #115 of 17,249 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: European
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lujiazui
Description: Jade on 36 Restaurant is taking a on a new face with the introduction of a new chef and new decor. Short of a rebranding, but more of a revamp, Jade on 36 Restaurant still offers the same breathtaking views of Shanghai and the Bund, while offering a complete selection of European-Fusion cuisine created by Jade on 36 Restaurant's new Chef de Cuisine, Jeremy Biasiol. The natural setting of Jade on 36 Restaurant's new decor is an oasis within a fast paced city and the food emphasizes on the virtues of enjoying, relaxing and sharing. The usage of wood reflects a relaxing environment and an introduction of a lounge and a mini bar further epitomizes relaxation and sharing. Chef Jeremy Biasiol's creations in the kitchen are nothing short of astounding, comprising a complete experience of visual and aromatic stimuli. Visit the brand new Jade on 36 Restaurant for a completely unrefined yet classy experience.
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had a nice experience at Jade on 36. I only dropped in to sit down for a cocktail and to see the view. The staff were very nice, and attentive. The view of the Bund from here is amazing in the evening. Try to get a window seat if you can. There was a piano player and a lovely lady singing some jazz music. It was very relaxing and the cocktails are reasonably priced for where you are.

2  Thank eIeven11

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Amazing view on the bund, warm service, the decor is a bit cold though. We were a bit disappointed as we chose to order the set 4 courses menu but couldn't see the menu before hand and was told it was at the chef's discretion - which for the price you pay, I would have liked to be able to chose what I was going to eat (at least 2 selection).
Food is of very good quality and very nice but slightly overpriced.

1  Thank lpb_38
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Actually the restaurant was very good in its decor. The food quality not too bad. The view was spectacular. The service was a bit too fancy for my taste. Our business dinner was pre-ordered French set dinner. The portions were rather tiny and there was too much time between courses. Also, i don't really enjoy waiters announcing each course like ushering in a celebrity, describing its nuances, adding drama and pomp, especially if you don't understand French food in the first place. I don't blame the staff though. They were just doing their job and doing it well.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I do not normally do ' Fine Dining ' , as I openly admit that I do not earn the sort of money that allows this indulgence. Suffice to say , my Dining Experience at the excellent Jade on 36 Restaurant was heavily subsidised.
My Wife and I secured a Table by the Window , with one of the most stunning views that I have ever seen. Shanghai at night is , indeed , a sight to behold.
The Restaurant is tastefully decorated and has soft lights and soft music to add to its ambience.
Service is nothing short of First-Class. My Wife and I had the Four-Course Tasting Menu , with matching Wines. This was a wondrous experience. A tour of gastronomic skill and expertise. A combination of Science and Art. We even met the French Chef at the end of the Meal.
This was a truly unforgettable Evening. If Readers want to experience this as well , then beware. Meals here will be for Full Wallets only ( Our Meal cost around £300 for two ).
A Lottery win would mean that I would return. However , I can only dream and highly recommend.

1  Thank BROMLEYKENT90
Reviewed March 10, 2013

A fantastic venue for high-quality brunch!
The view is stunning, the food amazing and the young team very attentive and friendly.
There are cheaper options to have champagne brunch in Shanghai, but very few are able to rival quality of food and atmosphere.