“Abe's is my #1 place to shop in Shanghai!”

Shanghai's Hongqiao Pearl Market
and up
Best of Shanghai Day Tour including Jade Buddha Temple and The Bund
Ranked #61 of 1,333 things to do in Shanghai
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I visited Abe based upon the recommendation below and had a wonderful experience! She is just as patient and low-pressure as I'd hoped. One of the things I love about her shop is that she has so many different types of beautiful pieces. I found plenty of pearls to suit my more modern taste, and was able to find my grandmother a classic necklace that I know she'll love. Abe was great about listening to what I was looking for and in what price range, and happy to change clasps or other details that I didn't like. I'm heading back to the US in a week with what is now a pearl jewelry collection and plenty of gifts for friends and family.

Her shop (# 2059) is on the second floor and easy to find.

15  Thank MsKellyBean

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Im a local.Frankly speaking,the pearls quality in this mall is very good,If u want to buy pearls in SH,This place is a good choice.But remember dont forget haggling,and...the scarves on the 1st floor are overpriced very much...you can buy the same style from many temporary stalls in SH.

8  Thank sabyun
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I agree with other reviewers, finding the right vendor here is key. With 10 years of experience shopping for pearls in Shanghai, I LOVE Abe's shop (2059). Her prices are reasonable and she is always willing to explain the differences in prices between pearls and find just the right solution for you. I feel confident bringing friends and co-workers visiting from overseas. Her team speaks English and there is none of the high pressure tactics you see in other shops. The best part is you can design your own jewelry and watch it come to life. Abe also does batch production for those looking for a vendor to produce their vision. Enjoy!!!

10  Thank EnjoyingChina
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Visited this place twice now, the store decorations may have changed, but still found the same quality pearls if you look hard enough. We ended up back at Julie's as her offering has the edge and she remembered us!

2  Thank Kam82642
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have shopped here since 2005
It is currently undergoing renovations, mainly up on the second floor that is the pearl floor.
All the open stalls are gone now and the whole floor is being made in to seperate shops. The atmosphere is gone, the "thrill of the hunt " no longer exists. It just looks like an ordinary shopping mall.
I also noticed there are a lot of stall closing down, the tell me "no customers"
Shame, as this was once the better place to shop
I actually found the market at Science and Technology musuem station on line 2 heaps better, but a warning...you have to barter a whole lot harder here.

4  Thank pomperlaryjig b