“Knock offs and knick knacks, China shopping at its best.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 1,310 things to do in Shanghai
Shenzhen, China
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Knock offs and knick knacks, China shopping at its best.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

There are plenty of suitcases, DVDs and toys to be had in this market. Head to the second floor if the pearls are your preference. The DVD shop next to the elevator has the best prices by far as well as a great selection.

Visited April 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Julie's Pearls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Julie's Pearl shop (up the escalator to the 2nd floor, turn left and left again), is a wonderful place to start your pearl and jewelry shopping. The mother/daughter team offer good prices and good quality. They are knowledgeable, speak English,
and can custom make pieces for you. Yesterday three of us (Canadian women) spent a couple of hours there and all came away feeling very satisfied with our purchases and enjoyed the warm and friendly atmosphere. The more you buy, the better your bargaining power. We're bringing home lots of gifts!

Visited April 2013
9 Thank smp248
Toronto
130 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“most of this is cr-p”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I thought I could get a decent travel watch, but everything is of poor quality. I did go to the fourth floor for pearls/Wendy's. I guess there are many of these, but she was most helpful - demonstrated a real pearl from plastic (scrape with a knife) and I did buy pearls for daughters- stud earring were included. I have no idea if I paid a lot or got a good deal, but it was a worthwhile experience and the cost did not break the bank.

Visited March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great for Pearls and other gifts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visit this market whenever I come to Shanghai (which is a few times each year). I usually just come to buy pearls but there are other shops on the ground floor and tailors on the 3rd floor. Like everywhere you need to bargain..since there are a lot of shops here, I tend to walk around and see what I like and ask the prices and then I can just go back to stall that had the lowest price. The benefit of the location is that there is a pedestrian mall across the street with a ton of bars and restaurants so my husband goes there for a drink or two while I am shopping--so it is a win win. We also get some DVD from Fox Movies which is right next door so it really is a one stop shop.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Trendale
Jakarta, Indonesia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“One stop shopping”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

You can find everthing that you need for your gift or original gift from China. Just make sure that you need it, then bargain. Oterwise, i would not recommend, because they will chase/persuede you until you buy their goods.

Visited July 2012