“most of this is cr-p”

and up
Best of Shanghai Day Tour including Jade Buddha Temple and The Bund
Ranked #59 of 1,334 things to do in Shanghai
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I thought I could get a decent travel watch, but everything is of poor quality. I did go to the fourth floor for pearls/Wendy's. I guess there are many of these, but she was most helpful - demonstrated a real pearl from plastic (scrape with a knife) and I did buy pearls for daughters- stud earring were included. I have no idea if I paid a lot or got a good deal, but it was a worthwhile experience and the cost did not break the bank.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I visit this market whenever I come to Shanghai (which is a few times each year). I usually just come to buy pearls but there are other shops on the ground floor and tailors on the 3rd floor. Like everywhere you need to bargain..since there are a lot of shops here, I tend to walk around and see what I like and ask the prices and then I can just go back to stall that had the lowest price. The benefit of the location is that there is a pedestrian mall across the street with a ton of bars and restaurants so my husband goes there for a drink or two while I am shopping--so it is a win win. We also get some DVD from Fox Movies which is right next door so it really is a one stop shop.

2  Thank Trendale
Reviewed March 16, 2013

You can find everthing that you need for your gift or original gift from China. Just make sure that you need it, then bargain. Oterwise, i would not recommend, because they will chase/persuede you until you buy their goods.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

There are quite a few very nice shops on 3rd floor selling good quality handcrafts. My favaourite one is Fire and Earth Ceramics at 311-2. It is a very stylish shop. I would say it is the most beautiful shop in the whole market. Everything here is pretty and unique. The owner speaks fluent English. That is the shop I buy high quality hand made gifts.

6  Thank Pan J
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Pearls are my favorite jewel, so the second floor of this market is one of my favorite places in the city. I recommend April (up the escalator and around the right). She's got two booths and fair prices.

Beyond the pearls, there are hundreds of "normal Chinese market" shops. The vendors here are just like you'll find anywhere else, but you can get everything in this one market. Including custom clothing. Tony and Helen (third floor) are very good. They don't mess around on the prices. They give you their final price which is fair and the quality is good. They are very personable and speak good English.

1  Thank Shanghaisus