Arrived hotel at 7am, early check-in request could not be accommodated because housekeepers have not reported for work - there were no clean rooms. Waited at the lobby till 9am but was entertained by a Chinese movie playing on a small LCD screen. Could not fault hotel for this since they do not have round-the-clock housekeeping.
1. Hotel: Good amenities nearby, including a shopping mall just opposite the hotel. Metro station is incredibly near (just across hotel). Did not take the metro since taxi is cheap.
2. Lobby: Neat and tidy.
3. Room: Basic room is small for China standards. I was expecting room to be larger (more walk space). Since I was traveling alone, it did not matter. But I do foresee space issues for couples or at least, travelers with more baggage. I traveled with one cargo luggage and when luggage is opened, it blocked the entire walkway leading to the toilet.
4. Toilet: Excellent rain shower + wc with strong flush.
5. Staff: Very tired and overworked. Less than enthusiastic attitude.
Overall, hotel's location is great but be prepared to do some traveling on the metro or taxi if you wish to head to the heart of the city. The smell of cigarette is extremely strong since smoking in permitted indoors (lobby, lift landing, rooms). If you have zero tolerance for such smell, please go somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your FuramaXpress Hotel Xujiahui Shanghai Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.