1,311 results
All reviewspark suitediplomatic suiterain showerjinmao towerfew floorsjin maobottle openercentury avenuebund viewdark woodifc mallluxury hotelhotel is beautifulfavorite hotelthe financial districtliving roomthe pearl
Reviewed October 13, 2009

we had high tea at the park hyatt and it was fab. Lovely cakes and sandwiches in tranquil unhurried surroundings with an amazing view of the grand hyatt building, the pearl tower and the bund and pudong. It was lovely to sit and watch the sun setting. Money well spent

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank jaketraveller
Reviewed September 7, 2009

This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we have travelled extensively, usually staying in 5* hotels.

The combination of the amazing views, the beautiful room and facilities made this is a real oasis in a hot, busy city. Not cheap, but still good value given the quality.

The staff were very helpful. We had one problem which was dealt with efficiently - in fact dealt with so well - that it became a positive.

On our return we are trying to see when we can pass through Shanghai again to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuzanneShepherdess
Reviewed August 24, 2009

I stayed here for my final night of a ten day trip to China, and it was just the perfect way to relax after all the travelling I'd done. The view of Jin Mao tower and the rest of the city from the room is stunning. I was lucky enough to be there on a sunny, clear day and watch the sun go down over the city. The bathroom is gorgeous with a big, deep bathtub, a ceiling installed "rain" shower, full-lengh mirrors everywhere, lovely scented Acca Kappa toileteries. The room has very chic, minimalist design, using lots of white and dark wood panelling. The various complimentary samples are kept in simple, laquered wood boxes. The swimming pool was large and not too crowded when I was there, as was the gym. The staff to guest ratio always seems quite high, giving a feeling of very personal, private service. Room service breakfast was very prompt and well presented. The Western Bar in the evening has live jazz/soul and an interesting choice of cocktails. It was a little quieter than I expected (I was there on a Saturday night, so I thought it might be busier.) Having been to the bar in Park Hyatt Tokyo, that place was a lot busier. Still, I cannot fault the hotel. Wallpaper magazine listed it as joing first place for best business hotel in the world. It's still a relatively new hotel and for a stunning glimpse of Shanghai in the 21st century it can't be beaten.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Opopanax
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I have stayed here twice now on business and will keep coming back. Bedrooms are average size for China, but nice and sleek and modern. The views are amazing! Mine was looking down on the Bund and JinMao tower which used to be the tallest building in Shanghai, I believe. There was plenty of closet space, good options for lighting, free WiFi, coffee machine, big bathroom with separate toilet.
The restaurant on the top floor is definitely worth a visit, but maybe just for a drink to appreciate the views. Service was impeccable.
Although this hotel is on Pudong side it is easy to get taxis to take you to Puxi side, where there are more options for dining and drinking. If in Shanghai, do check out M1NT. It was recommended to me by the hotel concierge on my last visit. Its a fairly new restaurant/lounge with a weekend nightclub on the other side. On the 24th floor of a building just off the Bund. So the views there are also incredible. I could watch the lights sparkle on my hotel's building across the river while I ate my meal. Food was the best fusion food I have had yet in China, very unique and tasty. Service was excellent, and the entire place is styled with a modern Asian/urban feeling. Seating in lounge was very lush and private, also with the same amazing views. Then there is an open roof terrace to chill out in after your meal. Prices are a bit above average, but worth it for the experience and the views.

Back to the hotel, I would highly recommend it.
TIP: As other reviews have mentioned, some taxi drivers are not yet familiar with this hotel, so make sure you bring some of the hotel's cards with you when you come, so you can just hand it to the driver (if you don't speak Mandarin, that is!)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank good2all
Reviewed July 2, 2009

This fairly new hotel secures China's place with the rest of the developed world. Not to say that China is in any way lagging behind, but the style and classiness of this property is unsurpassed in China.
Its scale is small yet grand at the same time. Dining choices are few but well-designed and devised. The simple buffet dinner in the lobby-level cafe, for example, had very carefully selected dishes, which complemented each other. Breakfast was a stylish affair, presided over by their friendly chef (and my fellow countryman).
Rooms, although small for an hotel of this stature, are sleek, simple and comfortable, with phoenix-eye views from the top of tallest building in the city.
The spa is spartan and the steam room was under repair, but the pool is of a generous size with a magnificent view of the Bund.
Enjoy it whilst it reigns as the best hotel in China (and until the Peninsula opens across the river!)

Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo