“GREAT Hotel & PERFECT view”

Park Hyatt Shanghai
Ranked #34 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had wonderful stay in this hotel, the view is amazing and perfect location to see the lights during the night. The only down side is that it is located at a new area - pudong. most of the sites is in puxi. However, the hotel service is great and this is one of the tallest building in Shanghi. We loved our stay over there and the food was excellent.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,218)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is fantastic, without a doubt. We stayed in a Bund View Deluxe King and the room was spacious with a beautiful night view of the skyline and river. Bathroom was also quite large and everywhere had high ceilings which I like. Blackout curtains were great.

I see some people here on TA complaining about the low lighting, but this is typical Park Hyatt style and I really like it. Dark wood, concrete all done very tastefully.

Buffet breakfast was one of the best. A good selection of your western fare with a variety Japanese and Chinese dishes also available.

Concierge service was great. Very helpful in booking a great crab restaurant last minute and every organised a hotel car to drop us off free of charge!

Just a couple of things stop me from giving it five stars. First, and this may be insignificant to some, but the jacuzzi temperature was way too low for my liking. Perhaps it's tailored for small children as well, but I just felt it really needed to be warmer, especially during the cooler months. It also had a dirty smell which really put me off.

Secondly, if you don't speak Chinese, you may have some communication issues with the staff. Desk staff speak English but housekeeping does not. It took me three attempts to get another bathrobe and I had to go to the housekeeping room myself as she brought me towels instead.

Other than those couple of minor issues though, this hotel was exceptional and I would love to stay again. Although next time, I may need to bring a Chinese phrase book...

Room Tip: Bund view is spectacular
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This is simply the best hotel in Shanghai - the hotel is top notch in every respect and the service is impeccable. The location atop one of the tallest buildings in Pu Dong with stunning views of The Bund. While this is not a cheap hotel it is one of the best and well worth it if you are looking for luxury.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel to enjoy the city, the view is incredible, great restaurant and a perfect bar at the roof top. Room has a great amount of space and the comfort. The staff is very nice and provide great information of the surrender. I will definitely recommend this to a friend.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I traveled to Shanghai for pleasure, and we stayed two nights at the Park Hyatt Shanghai. This is a great hotel with great service, great amenities, and a great view.

Every staff member I interacted with was helpful and cheerful. This included everyone from the young guys at the taxi queue to the young lady working at the pool/spa. The service was exceptional, and while expected, it was nice to be greeted by name several times. Each time my friend and I had a query, the staff was able to answer it.

The only slight downside - and it is very slight - is the location of the PH. The view from the PH is exceptional, but for those who want to be in the heart of the action, this is not the hotel for you as it is located across the river from the French Concession, etc. We knew this when we booked, so this is not a complaint but rather a note for other would-be guests. As I said, very slight.

I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is truly one of the most amazing hotels I have ever stayed in. The hotel is on the 79th - 89th floors of the Shanghai World Financial Center. Rooms are beautifully appointed with incredible views. The service is truly spectacular. I was greeted by name much of the stay, and the service at all bars and restaurants was top notch. The decor of the entire property is beautiful. The indoor infinity pool overlooking shanghai has to be seen to be believed. Though the gym is a bit small, it is excellent for a hotel gym with very good service. The overall ambiance of the hotel is wonderfully relaxed and sophisticated. The location is ideal. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt Shanghai for two nights at the end of November, and I was simply blown away. I was already in Shanghai, and I called the front desk to see if I could check in early. They made arrangements to move up my check-in time by a couple of hours, and that made my day much easier. Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted, and after a brief delay with the housekeeping staff double checking my room, I was given my room keys.

I was lucky enough to get a room with a great view of the Jin Mao Tower and the Oriental Pearl Tower. I really liked the clean lines and simple color palette of the room - very sophisticated and understated. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've experienced in a hotel. The bathroom was very nice, with a combination rainfall shower and gigantic soaking tub.

I had the chance to use the pool, and it was very cool. At 20 meters, it was long enough for me to do laps and get in a good workout. As I was the only one using it, it felt a little strange when the attendants would stare at me, but I soon got over it.

Finally, I have to say that the staff were all very friendly and attentive. I liked the little touches like my name being remembered or my bags being taken when it looked like I was having trouble carrying them. I really enjoyed the intimate feel of the hotel, and of course, the views are amazing. I can't wait for the opportunity to come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo