“One of the coolest hotels I have stayed in”

Park Hyatt Shanghai
Ranked #21 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was such a cool hotel. It's one of the highest I the world. The views are incredible and the luxurious, contemporary decor is stylish yet welcoming. The staff is excellent and the prices are high.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 88, the highest in the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Shanghai

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed in 88th floor luxury suite and its like home in sky. Majestic interiors with wonderful colors and great view of shanghai from top. Humble and so caring hotel management and excellent personalised services. Stay once its MEMORABLE.

Room Tip: Higher floor of any side
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stay there with my wife for our R & R and we totally adore the experience. The hotel has all the necessary facilities of a great 5 stars hotel and the food was truly authentic shanghai food that we enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stayed during three nights at park Hyatt. And it was great experiences too see Shanghai like this. Even if we are quite familiar with this city, we rediscover completely Shanghai from the top of it.

The service was really professional, all what you can except in this kind of place.

Our room was apparently the smallest one but still quite big and really comfortable.

We enjoy the swimming pool (it look smaller in real than the picture from the website), and the gym area was really nice too. The breakfast was also great a lot of choice.

We try to eat at the 100 century avenue restaurant, but It was too busy and noisy so finally we ate two times at the Living room which is much more cozy, the food was not spectacular but the view is!

If you don't know Shanghai well, the location might be a problem because it seems far from the others Shanghai attraction. But this can be resolved easily by taxi.

It was really great and relaxing to be in this kind of environment during three days.

Room Tip: We took a room with a view on the bund, which, I definitely recommend even if it's a bit pricey.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed over the weekend and the hotel itself is great with a fantastic spa-area (pool, sauna, etc.) The staff is extremly friendly, helpful and speaks good english. The athmosphere in the hotel is rather calm and relaxed with great interior. Only a minor point, we had a standard room which offers a spacious bathroom, yet the overall room is comparebly small and has nothing to do with the pics. you see on the homepage. Other than that, we can recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Park Hyatt is pricey, no doubt, but it just worth it.
As a frequent business travelers, being top membership among different hotel chain. I would recommend Park Hyatt as my favorite in Shanghai, which just puts its last piece - the Internet. Some of you might not aware that internet access is tricky and limited in China, but not in Park Hyatt. This is the only things I am not satisfied before, and now, they just make everything perfect.

The temperature just too hot to dangling outside, finally give me this chance to write a few words for my favorite hotel.

Privacy: Although it is inside the Shanghai World Financial Center (SWFC), it actually provide various access control. I would say it is hard that some can trace you or tailgating (you guys should know what I refer to :p)

Room: No need to say, awesome. Just browse the photos on the internet by yourself. Don’t like to waste my time writing one this.

Location: It is not perfect, *but*, Pudong is not that far as you might imagined from the downtown. A very convenient things is the hotel have taxi prepared under basement, awaiting your call. Almost zero waiting time for hanging out.

Service: Staff in general is very well trained, I would say on par to other 5 star hotel. However, one thing I want to bring up here is the incident handling.I did have some billing issue before, and, they solved my complain in a pretty timely fashion, also provided compensation in a way that really surprise me (compare to other hotel that have my luggage stolen, Park Hyatt only made tiny mistake on billing, but the Front Desk Manager takes it really seriously)

Food: The breakfast is really awesome, do purchase a package with the breakfast!

View: Rooms are in floor over 80. What would you say ? They occasionally upgrade people to river side view, the Oriental Pearl Tower will be right there out of your window.

Shopping: There are lots of mall nearby if you are interested in spending money on luxury brands.
Shanghai International Finance Centre (IFC), claimed as the biggest mall in APAC.

Oh, a little tiny stuff, if you are in special purpose (i.e. honeymoon), they will prepare some for you. I would reserved this part to not being a spoiler.

Room Tip: Nothing particular, I feel they arranged properly for my countless check-in. Oh...do remember, pick...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Frequent traveler to Shanghai, and often stay at the Grand Hyatt (which is a perfectly good hotel). Chose to stay at the Park Hyatt during my most recent trip. After such a pleasant experience I'm hooked.

Park Hyatt has a feel of a Boutique Hotel. Seemed empty on the guest floor and gym, which made the spaciousness feel ever more so spacious.

Breakfast spread was fantastic. Overall Service (check-in), restaurant, bell men, all first class.
View from the Park Hyatt was perfect. Actually looked down at the Jin Mao Tower (again, the grand hyatt is a very good hotel, but the Park Hyatt is really something else).

Also, it's very clear that they put their staff through the highest training. If you stay at '5 star hotels' you sometimes may see 3 star service in a 5 star uniform (and price). In my opinion, the service at the Park Hyatt was 7 star at a 6 star hotel.

From now on, think I'll book the Grand Hyatt when the Park Hyatt is not available.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business