1,311 results
All reviewspark suitediplomatic suiterain showerjinmao towerfew floorsjin maobottle openercentury avenuebund viewdark woodifc mallluxury hotelhotel is beautifulfavorite hotelthe financial districtliving roomthe pearl
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I consider myself spoilt if it comes to hotels.
But this is one of my top hotels in terms of rooms, decoration and service.

Everything is quality.

The lobby,more a living room, is uniqly cosi and offers the best views.

Don't bother looking for other hotels, take this one.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is one great hotel. One of the foremost definitions of understated luxury.
Absolutely loved the architecture and attention to detail everywhere. From the sculptures you see on the first-floor entrance and also on the 87th floor lobby, to the exquisitely decorated rooms, to the 91st floor bar and restaurant. If you like bling and exaggeration it's not for you. If you like minimalism and elegance, than this is your place.
My room was very comfortable, great bed, very good desk as well (I had to do a bunch of work there), ample bathroom with one of the best showers I've ever seen. Fans of technology, the japanese toilets will awe you. Overall, great details abound everywhere. And service was superb throughout (I spent 4 nights there).
I think staff does a great job throughout, concierge were always helpful and even got me train tickets. I wish the overall level of english was slightly better, but everyone overcompensates with smiles and trying to go the extra mile.
Location in Pudong is very good, IFC mall is nearby and getting to the other side of Shanghai is fairly easy (bear in mind this is a big city with lots of traffic). I didn't get to go to the spa, but heard good things - they were renovating the pool when I was there, but this should be over soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My son and I spent the last two nights of a father/son trip to China at the Park Hyatt Shanghai. My son pushed for this hotel due to the view. We had previously stayed at the Westin Bund Center which I thought was great. I was not convinced the Park Hyatt warranted the extra cost. I have to say this was a great way to finish the trip. The staff was excellent, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great and we loved having drinks in the bar with awe inspiring views. We have stayed in many luxury hotels around the world but the bathroom ranks as one of the best of all times. How they get the water pressure of a fire hose on the 88th floor is remarkable. Everything was top notch from bedding to view and service.
My only complaint which is really not the hotels fault: it took the staff 20 min to get a taxi every time, which seems somewhat common at hotels in China (had the same experience at the Peninsula in Beijing)
My wife and I are returning to Shanghai in October with friends and this will be our hotel choice. My son was correct in his selection

Room Tip: Bund view room on 88!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights at the Park Hyatt to be in Pudong. The hotel itself was wonderful. Our room was on the 81st floor and had a great view. It was clean, comfortable and the decor was modern. We also enjoyed the atmosphere while having a few drinks at the bar on the 92nd floor. My only complaint was the check-in experience. They had a little of a challenge finding my reservation at check-in and starting getting an attitude...went as far as asking if I'm spelling my name correctly. I mean, is that really a necessary question? It turns out they were spelling it wrong in computer while they typed it in and it took another person to type it in correctly.
With that said, the room service was fantastic and everyone else on staff was great. Overall I had a good experience and would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was staying in this hotel for my pass 4 days business trip. My previous 2 trips were staying in Grand Hyatt but is not in my company's hotel list now so Park Hyatt is my next choice due to the location and free internet with all Hyatt hotels. I have a good view but out of the 4 days, 3 days were cloudy. Overall every thing is fine but I still think the next door, Grand Hyatt offers better value. Also after I have checked out, getting a taxi to the airport at 9pm, took me about half an hour. While waiting, I am standing in the queue and it is not acceptable for such as high rated hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business