1,331 results
All reviews park suite diplomatic suite rain shower jinmao tower few floors jin mao bottle opener century avenue bund view dark wood ifc mall luxury hotel hotel is beautiful favorite hotel the financial district living room the pearl
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I was staying in this hotel for my pass 4 days business trip. My previous 2 trips were staying in Grand Hyatt but is not in my company's hotel list now so Park Hyatt is my next choice due to the location and free internet with all Hyatt hotels. I have a good view but out of the 4 days, 3 days were cloudy. Overall every thing is fine but I still think the next door, Grand Hyatt offers better value. Also after I have checked out, getting a taxi to the airport at 9pm, took me about half an hour. While waiting, I am standing in the queue and it is not acceptable for such as high rated hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I was at the Park Hyatt in Shanghai for about a week in April, 2013. It was a wonderful stay! It seems like they thought of everything. I am a gadget freak so I love all the features in the room, including the built in TV in the bathroom. Although I was traveling alone on a business trip, I appreciate how they create a bathroom that is so open for people like myself, yet with just a few pulls, it easily becomes a private bathroom. One of the things I sometimes miss when I'm traveling is my Nespresso machine yet the Park Hyatt also has one in your room. It was also unfortunate that I had to order room service a few nights (I am a big foodie and love exploring local foods). By far, Park Hyatt has some of the best room service food choices. In addition, I have never had room service deliver dinner so fast! The only thing I'd change is if the beds could be a wee bit softer (and I usually like really hard beds). Internet connection was also a bit iffy at times but I'm not sure if that is a hotel issue or a China issue. Some might also find the darkness in some of their lobby areas a bit hard to adjust to, but I didn't have an issue with it. Great hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The rooms and hotel amenities have been amply covered by numerous other reviewers. I want to simply call out the pool - this infinity pool covers half the the entire FLOOR, and the views at this 70th (i think it was the 70th) are breath-taking. You can swim and watch the clouds float by - no kidding! Pool side service is amazing, and I haven't had a more relaxing anywhere else in an urban/city hotel. Check out the pics!

Room Tip: No bad rooms really!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Well, I think the only thing good for this hotel is its view.

The decoration is very high-quality but not very attractive for the youth. For me I prefer like Andaz or even the Ritz and Grande Hyatt in the neighbor.

The advantage of living in this property is the view of city skyline, which is really stunning. But really do not go in a cloudy day because you will see nothing but clouds like in my photo.

Also, I have to say, the breakfast is just at average level, the staff here is not really helpful.

To conclude, I'd say it is a good hotel but not qualify as a Park Hyatt and such a high price.

Room Tip: bund view room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Flashy location, fancy rooms - service at it's worst. Was really impressed that service could get this bad at a so-called 5 star hotel. Let's focus my frustration on the bar at 91st floor. First of all, why is that place not non-smoking? If I want to sit next to a Chinese chimney I pick a 10 RMB restaurant down the street. Management needs to pick sides one day: targeting rich Chinese farmers or Western travelers. Can't have it both!

Also the service level. Honestly, in my company I would have fired people for such behaviour. The bartender had the attitude of a movie star, would treat us with a mix of ignorance and arrogance. Also staff seem to prefer chatting with each other over, let's say cleaning up the table with leftovers of previous guests.

My advice: steer off unless you are really looking for an 'authentic' Chinese treat! Loads of other nice places to stay in Shanghai!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends