“Beautiful Hotel but just lacks service quality in some aspects.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Shanghai

Park Hyatt Shanghai
Ranked #18 of 4,324 Hotels in Shanghai
Singapore
“Beautiful Hotel but just lacks service quality in some aspects.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is the 2nd time I'm staying at this hotel after a 1+ year break. Hotel is still beautiful. Deluxe rooms are large and clean, bed and pillows comfortable. Checkin was painless and efficient. Only complaint is the restaurant on the 91st floor. The reception counter staff was unfriendly and un-welcoming. Service staff during breakfast, were milling around without collecting our empty plates, cups and glasses. Even when our table was filled with empty plates, no one came to clear our plates until we had to ask. Service standards miles apart from Beijing Park Hyatt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed with my family for a short 4-day vacation in Shanghai. The bathrooms of the room were really nice! Dimmable lights, generous tub, great shower, his/hers vanities, automatic toilets. There is also ample closet space for three people (5stars all the way). The sleeping area though was a disappointment - for a hotel that is supposed to be this good - this area fell right into 'average' (maybe a 4star hotel at best). It felt cramped and oddly plain looking. The view is nice (if there is no fog) - but I wouldn't spend that much just for a view - i'd rather stay on a 30/f of a more comfortable room/well appointed room. Breakfast in the hotel (91/f) was really good 220+yuan/adult. Service was also excellent - but the sleeping area really pulled the rating down. Stayed in Grand Hyatt a few years back and rooms there are definitely better. This hotel is located in Pudong - if you want to explore, Puxi side would be better as there are more places to see.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This IS the hotel for Shanghai.... it is a wonderful experience. The only let down is the talent of the staff. They seem to lack knowledge and service standards. Not sure why, they were friendly but continually would forget things, make mistakes.... got a bit tedious after a while.. but I enjoyed my stay..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Macau, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend this July. It was not the 1st time for us to stay, the room was nice,the view was nice and location was good, so we booked 5 days for that trip.

On the 4th day I ordered a room service, one Japanese soup wz a fired rice. Then I found a dead body of some kind of insect floating in my soup. I called down to room service again and informed the lady about it, not even started to ask to have another one, she replied me by: what do you want, in such an inpatient tone. I was pissed off immediately. Yeah, right, I paid 3 times than a normal price to buy a soup here just to be questioned by what do you want without any apology when finding some animal floating in it. I asked her to move the food out of my room and i need to know what happened to my soup.

After 1 hour, there was no any response. So i called to operator requested to talk to manager, then a manager was connected. After i told him about my whole story, he ask me if he could send another food manager to come to my room.I asked him, for what? All the food was moved out of my room. He just checked with me again if he could send another one to my room. I rejected since that did make any sense.

I was totally disappointed about the service they offering. I don't care about how you clarify the responsibility, i just need someone to help me at the momet.

Eventually the soup charge was removed out of my bill according to my request. And I got a call from a food manager for apologize and explained that the insect was dropped into my soup after it was delivered to my room. For god sake, we stayed in the room for 4 days and i did not find any flying insect, and before I eat the soup, it was covered by a soup cover. I don't think that would be an acceptable explanation of the insect was from the room neither. And the called was coming after 4 hours ever since i called to the first lady of room service.

We checked out one day after and moved to Ritz. It might be the way for Park Hyatt to express their luxury, it's a quite nice hotel but we still got a lot of choices to stay in Shanghai.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Olivia U
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were on vacation in Shanghai and decided to have a drink in the sky high bar from the Park Hyatt Shanghai!! We ended up having couple of them as the view was so fantastic. The bar located on the 88th floor with its ceiling to bottom glass windows is definitely a place to enjoy a drink while in Shanghai!!! Totally worth it!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennington, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Park Hyatt Shanghai gets a 10 for comfort and service! Our four night stay began with an upgrade to a diplomatic suite, from a booked park suite, thanks to Manger Jim Jin. We had 1700 sq.ft. of pure serene, pleasure, with a living room, dining room, study,double king beds and sofas in the bedroom, two dressing areas, a completely enclosed wet bar area, several services for tea and coffee, a huge bathroom with twin sink areas, a triple- sized rain shower and soaking tub, and two powder rooms; not to mention wonderful views of the city from the 88th floor. The original art and furnishings are superb; so much so that we had most of our meals in our suite. Room service was impeccable; all meals came within 25 minutes, flawlessly presented and at correct temperature. We were always addressed by name; every request was responded to immediately. House keeping kept our room spotless. The pool and spa area are especially enjoyable and well staffed. Arrangements for drivers and train were accomplished with ease and extremely personal service from Asst. Manager/Concierge Andy Wu.With several prior visits to Asia, this property is absoutely one of the best for comfort and service.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Bund. Yet all rooms, will have a great view.