“Good Hotel / Good location.”

Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai
Ranked #12 of 324 Specialty Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Having stopped in the Fraser Suites in Chengdu, I was really looking forward to Shanghai, and overall it was good, but the staff were helpfull but not over helpfull, as in doing just enuogh, rather than making an extra effort. This should not put you off, as the Chengdu experience was something else. The rooms and the facilities are very good, and Shanghai is a great city to visit, especially the BUND at night time, as the light show of all the buildings and the boats as they pass by are fantastic, if you haven't been., put it on your list.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai

Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed many times at this Fraser simply because it's a great location with value for money. For many years, service was great. I haven't stayed for a year & half and found the service level to be very indifferent. Not good, not bad but just don't care. Not that I need anything since I have business meetings most of the time. But a simple smile or greeting is not apparent. Breakfast is simple but nice.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Always_travelling88,
I just read your review and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. To begin, "thank you" for taking time out to write the review, Reviews like your's are one of the best tools we can use to gauge how well we are meeting the expectations of our guests. Next, I want to apologize for the rather lukewarm reception you received the last time you arrived. I can assure you that we spend a huge amount of time first selecting our team members and then training them to be exceptional ambassadors of the brand and our team. It would seem in this case at least, we fell short of our goals. We have discussed this issue with the senior management team and will take the necessary steps to ensure that every guest arriving will be met with a cheerful and genuine "Welcome" and that each guest stay will be just like staying with friends! Thank you again for caring enough to write to us. Have a wonderful week and see you again on your next trip to Shanghai.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Living in Fraser Suites for 2 years was the best thing about our time in Shanghai. It quickly felt like home largely because of the staff who were always friendly, helpful and became like family to us. Everyone from the general manager to the front desk staff to housekeeping - we became very fond of them. Everything you need to live comfortably is provided, and Fraser is within walking distance from shopping, the metro, the ferry - so convenient and centrally located across from the famous Shanghai skyline. My husband and I (and our pets) loved living at Fraser so much that it was difficult to leave and say goodbye. Also, one of Fraser's strengths in my opinion, compared to other serviced apartments in Shanghai, is the communal daily breakfast. This is one reason we chose to live there because it became the best way of meeting people and making new friends -people from all over the world who were also living abroad so we shared a common bond. The breakfast offering provide a built-in social aspect which was extremely helpful to me particularly since my husband traveled alot. In short, words are hard to find to encompass the fabulous experience we had living at Fraser Suites Top Glory. We will remember it always as one of the best times in our lives. Thank you to all the Fraser staff for all of your constant efforts to create a positive living experience for your residents. Fondly, Teresa and Jeff B

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Teresa B
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We are just completing a three year stay at Fraser Top Glory in Shanghai. We have been very pleased with the quality of the apartment and all the services. The apartments are modern and spacious and well maintained, they prepared our's rigorously before we moved in. My wife and I make good use of the pools and gyms and they are well maintained and not crowded. There are a nice mix of residents from every part of the world, predominately ex-pats.

For the first year the breakfast was not that great, but by request they changed the contract to an accomplished Chinese/Australian restauranteur, known only to us as Paul, and he puts on a multiple good quality dishes every day with a lot of variety and reliable ingredients and freshness. There is also good imported coffee and bread at breakfast, which you don't always get in China.

The GM, Mr James Costa has always been concerned and helpful to us, and lives there himself with his family. The services and housekeeping managers have always been responsive as maintenance was performed.

I guess we only came to fully realize the quality of Fraser as we have been looking for a place in our next city. Not easy to replicate.

Robert M.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more impressive view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband was sent to Shanghai for three weeks and decided to take our daughter and me on this trip. We looked at many hotels before our friend told us about service apartment. We decide to go to Fraser Suites because close to work for my husband, but when we check in and went to our three bedroom suite on the 29 floor, we were so happy! The suite had a fully equipment kitchen, so I could cook many meals for my family. The view of the Huang Pu river and famous BUND was so wonderful! There was an indoor pool with a fun children pool and slide my daughter loved. The outside was green and also had a nice playground. The suites were very large and very comfortable. Location was close to shopping mall and many nice restaurants. We really liked that we were so close to the ferry boat to the Puxi district of Shanghai. Breakfast everyday was full of good Asain and Western food and the staff very friendly. The suites were very clean and my daughter loved the cleaning staff, they were so friendly! We had a great time and our family feel so much like home here. I will tell all my friend about Fraser Suites in Shanghai.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Miko T
James C, General Manager at Fraser Suites Top Glory Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Miko T,

I just wanted to take a moment to personally reply to your very nice comments here on TripAdvisor. I was so happy to hear that you and your family had such an enjoyable stay and that the Fraser Team did their best to make you feel at "home" while you were here. I have heard from the staff they your daughter was so very cute and that the room attendants miss her smile. My team and I all hope that your trip back to home in Japan was pleasant and that you have since settled down and are enjoying the beautiful 'Sakura' which are blossoming throughout Japan now. We hope you will stay in touch and we look forward to the time when you will once again return to Shanghai and hopefully decide to stay with us here at Fraser Suites, Shanghai once again. Thank you very much for the very kind review, we are happy that you and your family were happy while you were here in Shanghai. Sincerely, Jim Costa, General Manager.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband, three children and I just moved from Shanghai where we lived at Fraser Suites for almost three years. Our time there was nothing short of amazing and we all hated to leave our Shanghai "home". Our apartment was a large three bedroom unit on the 21st floor. We had a spectacular view of the famous Bund and the "Mother River" better known as the Huang Pu River. The apartment had a great kitchen, which as you might guess with three children, I and our Ayi spent a considerable amount of time. My daughter loved the indoor kid's playground and she especially loved Nancy! The wives at Frasers had a great sense of community and even recently started a "WeChat" group to share upcoming events and enjoy an occasional group lunch together. Location was great, since we were so close to the malls and the super markets. The international school buses all stop at the lobby, so this too made life a little less stressful for me and my children. The staff was the "BEST" and always went out of their way to assist us with anything we needed help with. If you are moving to Shanghai and have the opportunity to stay in Pudong, you must check out Fraser Suites, you won't be disappointed, I PROMISE!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Mickey W
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stay with my family during the Chinese New Year. Book two bedroom apartment, fantastic view and nice apartment, can see the whole Huang Pu River. More easy to go to the shopping mall and supermaket. Will recommend my friend to choose this apartment in Shanghai!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family