Hotel Ibis Shanghai Lianyang
$107
$301
$220
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
$130
$110
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Bad service from the staffs as I arrived and staffs did not speak much English which again I think is a pity for those working in international chain hotel. The building is not well maintain and so does the guest room. The air conditioning was not working and after I reported the issue to the house keeper, nothing was done to solve my issue. Bed sheet was not properly made and lots of defects in the room furniture.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Abel Y, Manager at Hotel Ibis Shanghai Lianyang, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the (I) Ibis Shanghai Lianyang. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Abel Y, Manager at Hotel Ibis Shanghai Lianyang, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I thought I got the best deal in the world when I walked into this ibis hotel until I got to the front desk. I gave my passport, credit card and the Accor Hotel A card to the staff. She took them and started typing and typing and typing. I asked her if there was anything wrong and she asked me: "Did you make the reservation in your English name?". What kind of question is that? My name was on my ID and my credit card and that was also the name I used to make the booking. When I answered yes, she gave me the Accor card back and said "this is useless". I asked her why it was useless, and another person walked over and said "because you booked the room through a third party". OK. I admit I booked the room through C-trip, but normally I only do not earn points if I prepay to the "third party" for the night, and even if I did so, the hotel would still take my card, acknowledge my membership and record the night of stay with 0 point. Apparently people at this hotel hate "third party" or something. I asked if breakfast was included and the other lady said "No breakfast, because you booked through a third party". All right, so much so about the third party!

The room was okay and the hotel's décor was modern European. Considering the price it charged it was not a bad deal. The bed was really hard, as if there was no mattress. It was okay for me but some people may find that a big problem.

The next morning I walked to the breakfast before I had to rush into Shanghai's traffic. I was stopped by a security guard at the breakfast area. He asked my room number politely and wrote it down. I was supposed to pay 30 yuan (about 5 US dollars) for the breakfast. That was fine, but why a security guard? As I walked close to the tables where food was provided, I almost puked. The food smelled so bad. It was a mixed smell of steamed meat and rotten fruit, or something. I asked if there was coffee and an old lady showed me a small pot. Well, that was not what I call "coffee". So, I had to leave without taking anything.

Another weird thing is, the hotel is right above a large parking lot. I parked my car in the underground garage, but could not find any sign going to the hotel. I eventually found an elevator and it took me to the center of a shopping mall next to the hotel. I asked the hotel staff if I could go to the garage by elevator, they looked at me like I was crazy. I guess they didn't think anybody would ever drive and park and stay at this hotel?

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you choosing stay in Ibis shanghai Lianyang.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

it depends what your intentions are if you are a tourist better to stay
down town but for business is good location everything is close by
shopping center banks restaurants
only problem dont ask them for a taxi its a setup i complain 3 times and
they say they will call the taxi company doesent happen always get a taxi
from the main street dont get a wairing taxi or ask to get a taxi you will get
ripped

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Abel Y, Manager at Hotel Ibis Shanghai Lianyang, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Shanghai Lianyang Hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive your feedback.

Sincerely

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am staying in a room on the 10th floor of this hotel as I write this review. It is 11:00 pm on a Thursday night, and there is a maniac on the group floor dumping construction debris with a wheelbarrow, making all kinds of loud crashing noises. Last night this went on until 6:00 am. The hotel staff doesn't seem to think this is a problem - I have asked them to contact the construction company that is doing the renovation work in the middle of the night to see if they will stop, but all they do is give a gruff answer that there is nothing they can do about it.

If you expect to check into this hotel, bring some earplugs. Better yet, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying at ibis Shanghai Lianyang Hotel and for bringing this case to our attention. We apologize for the problem during your stay. Please kindly give us one chance to make explanation for you. For this case our duty managers communicate with that construction group let them stop their activity do not make noise to disturb our guests but they not stopped as well. Later we give a call to government to complain this thing but nothing changed. That building construction wasn’t belong our Hotel Group and their construction at the night was get acceptable by the government that means we were nothing can change. I am so sorry influence you sleeping and please kindly give us to serve for you in the future time that we will arrange the quiet room for you and avoid this kind thing happen again.

We sincerely apologize again for this unpleasant experience. We shall continuously improve our services quality to do our best to safeguard against future incidents such as this.

Many thanks again for your interest in ibis hotels. We hope to have you stay with us again soon.

Hotel Ibis Shanghai Lianyang Management