“Cant complain”

and 1 more site!
BeeHome Hostel
Ranked #57 of 322 Specialty Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed March 15, 2012

As close and convenient as your going to get to metro 2. It is in a neighborhood and there are plenty of local food vendors on Dongchang lu and in the back streets. Very helpful and accomodating, speak english too. I had a bit of a walk to find a grocery store (3 blocks south on Pucheng rd)to buy soap and stuff, but I am a walker and did not mind. neighbors can be a little noisy. WiFi worked in my room on 3rd floor.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for BeeHome Hostel

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Beehome Hostel s a short walk from Dongchang station on line 2. There are single and dorm rooms that are very clean. There is hot water and internet for use in reception area. There is also a TV-reading room on the second floor. You are in heart of Pudong area so all downtown amenities are close by.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Not only located closed to subway station DongChang but also one stop away from oriental pearl tower. Loft room on 3rd floor was good, clean and spacious. Few hawker and cheap restaurant is the plus plus.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed October 27, 2011

First of all, it isn't that hard to find the place if you follow the excellent instructions on their website, though it's more like a 10 minute walk. It's an oasis of quiet in an area associated with tall buildings. Being so close to line 2 partly compensates for being on the east side of the Whangpu as you can catch the metro easily. It's handy to the towers of course. The price for a dorm bed was the lowest for a HI member among all the Shanghai hostels I stayed at. There are enough local restaurants to dine on. WiFi coverage is good, extends to the rooms also. Management was very helpful when I had to leave early for Pudong Airport. (Transfer to the maglev even though line 2 goes all the way, you'll save 20 minutes of anxiety, but that's another story.)

On the downside, there didn't seem to be many fellow backpackers staying there so it didn't feel so social, maybe it needs more publicity. But it was my last night and I just wanted a good sleep, which I got.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Beehome was such a homey place to stay. Although its a bit difficult to find for a first-timer, but it's worth the trouble. It's about 10 minutes away from the Metro Station and is located around the Oriental Pearl TV Tower. The room where we stayed has a mezzanine and can sleep 3 persons. The Jinmao tower is a good add on to our window view.. What I like most about Beehome is their tree-covered outdoor cafe with two levels.. Reasonable price, friendly-service, homey-rooms.. What more can a first-timer ask?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was the best hostel we've seen in China (we lived in 4 of them). The quality of the rooms was excellent and it could be called a ** hotel as well. We left our luggage there upon comming to Shanghai and travelled for a week some 2000km away. No problem with that. When we came back and checked in this hostel, we got our luggage. I call this good service. The staff was very helpful with suggesting trips.
The rooms were clean, the bathrooms as well and with european-style toilet (truly exceptional in China)!
Although the hostel is located almost in the centre (15minutes walk from Pudong skyscrapers, 2 minutes from the metro station), the prices are great. There were 3 of us and we each had a private 2-bed room for a very reasonable price.
When going to Shanghai, I would live here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Johny_r
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stayed upon recommendation from Tripadvisor. It's a tucked away hostel off an alley filled with trees that gives it a country feel event though it's right near the heart of Shanghai. As a solo traveler I stayed in the less expensive private room and should've paid a few yuan more for the nicer bed. I had a small twin bed that's supported by wood (I think another commenter mentioned how bad it was too). I rested well but it's not something I would repeat. Shower/toilet was private and satisfactory although the shower curtain which ran 90 degrees around the corner was insufficient and annoying when showering. Price was fine but I expected a bit more as my other China hotel stays have provided better accommodation for around the same price. On the good side the restaurant was packed when I arrived at night and smelt wonderful, but didn't have a chance to try it on this trip.

Room Tip: Pay for their best room.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business