“Difficult to find but it's worth the trouble..”
Review of BeeHome Hostel

and 1 more site!
BeeHome Hostel
Ranked #57 of 324 Specialty Lodging in Shanghai
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Beehome was such a homey place to stay. Although its a bit difficult to find for a first-timer, but it's worth the trouble. It's about 10 minutes away from the Metro Station and is located around the Oriental Pearl TV Tower. The room where we stayed has a mezzanine and can sleep 3 persons. The Jinmao tower is a good add on to our window view.. What I like most about Beehome is their tree-covered outdoor cafe with two levels.. Reasonable price, friendly-service, homey-rooms.. What more can a first-timer ask?

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for BeeHome Hostel

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was the best hostel we've seen in China (we lived in 4 of them). The quality of the rooms was excellent and it could be called a ** hotel as well. We left our luggage there upon comming to Shanghai and travelled for a week some 2000km away. No problem with that. When we came back and checked in this hostel, we got our luggage. I call this good service. The staff was very helpful with suggesting trips.
The rooms were clean, the bathrooms as well and with european-style toilet (truly exceptional in China)!
Although the hostel is located almost in the centre (15minutes walk from Pudong skyscrapers, 2 minutes from the metro station), the prices are great. There were 3 of us and we each had a private 2-bed room for a very reasonable price.
When going to Shanghai, I would live here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Johny_r
Reviewed April 20, 2011

I stayed upon recommendation from Tripadvisor. It's a tucked away hostel off an alley filled with trees that gives it a country feel event though it's right near the heart of Shanghai. As a solo traveler I stayed in the less expensive private room and should've paid a few yuan more for the nicer bed. I had a small twin bed that's supported by wood (I think another commenter mentioned how bad it was too). I rested well but it's not something I would repeat. Shower/toilet was private and satisfactory although the shower curtain which ran 90 degrees around the corner was insufficient and annoying when showering. Price was fine but I expected a bit more as my other China hotel stays have provided better accommodation for around the same price. On the good side the restaurant was packed when I arrived at night and smelt wonderful, but didn't have a chance to try it on this trip.

Room Tip: Pay for their best room.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Straight to the point. ( do keep in mind, the context and rating is for a HOSTEL)
1. Great location
2. I took the room option, and quite liked it
3. The cafe is awessomeeee, and great value
Dislikes
1. Could hear dim noises through the rooms
2. the bathrooms could be better, but honestly it wasnt bad
3. Bed was a little creaky

i stayed there during the Expo, and was quite plesantly surprised. I used to cringe at the "living in a hostel" option when on a holiday, but to be honest u can choose a hostel and still not feel like you live in one, especially when u get to save extra dollars and spend it on fun stuff instead.
The other travellers included diverse group of ethnicities, litreally west meets the east. It felt quite young too, 25-30 age group. The hostel is also right next to convenience stores, decent massage parlours, and easy to hail taxis etc.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2010

very old and bad smelling rooms ):
they dont want to give therfore discount. very bad service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank feodosia85
Reviewed June 30, 2010

On the positive side, the place is relatively convenient and has the basic amenities.

On the negative, the service is mediocre and little details are not attended to. It's hard to sleep later, as the cleaning staff made their grand entrance at nine in the morning. The restaurant is poorly cleaned and lacks a number of items on the menu. People behind the front desk are capable enough, but not friendly.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2010

I love this hostel.
Things i didn't like about this hostel:
-Location. It's a 10-min walk towards the Subway
-It's really hard to find where it is if you don't know its exact address.
-View is ugly but SWFC is also in the view.
-When we were sleping, the neighbor of the hostel was doing some construction things beside our window.

Things I loved about this hostel:
-restaurant & food
-affordability
-receptionists (especially the girl) are so friendly (but the guy who was there when we checked in @12mn wasn't- didn't even help us out with our luggages going up the 2nd floor)
-their maintenance guy (old man) helped me out with my broken luggage. I really appreciated that.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple