“It's the best dumplings in China!”

Din Tai Fung (Shanghai New World)
Ranked #13 of 16,951 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast Food
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Neighborhood: Xintiandi
State of Sao Paulo
“It's the best dumplings in China!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Dont' miss it! Icould go there everyday! It's my favorite! You can taste all the Xiao Long Bao, the real name of Dim Sum, and you see for yourself what I mean. The fried rice, the soups, the vegetables, everything so fresh and tasty!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Airton B

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Safe choice, not amazing”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here on our first night in Shanghai. It is in an upscale mall in a cute area. The restaurant itself is very clean and nicely decorated. As my trip went on, I had much better soup dumplings, so I can't say this place was great, but my meal was good. We had two types of soup dumplings and a vegetable. They give out an instruction card on how to eat soup dumplings (place on your spoon, poke hole with chopstick and drink out soup), which I later learned from my guides was not accurate (better to bite small hole and drink out soup directly from dumpling).

“Amazing dim sum and noodles”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

After wandering around th Xintiandi area we stopped at this place after seeing the long line waiting. It was definitely worth it. Excellent noodle soup with wontons and shumai and dumplings. The restaurant even has a card to show you how to best enjoy their dim sum

• Visited September 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Even wider menu than usual”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Din Tai Fung has got to be one of the best Chinese restauraunts chains, especially for westerners. I am addicted to their Dan Dan noodles & Xiao Long Bao dumplings. This one seemed to have an even m ore extensive menu than usual.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Paul-Portugal
Beijing, China
“Allways perfect”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Din Tai Fung became my favorite restaurant since I moved to Shanghai, more than one year ago. I eat there every week, in their different locations in the city. I bring all my guests from abroad to taste the their perfectly delicious dim sum, noodles and soups. Din Tai Fung has Michelin star food quality with Pizza Hut price. Amazing! I lived in Paris for 3 years and my husband is French - I know what Michelin starred food should be. Din Tai Fung is not a fancy place to invite your boss if you want to impress. All their branches are very clean, with a modern decoration, functional elegant decoration, lively and often noisy atmosphere. It is child friendly and whole families go there. If you are visiting Shanghai eating at Din Tai Fung is a MUST.

• Visited August 2013