“Best dumpling ever!”

Din Tai Fung (Shanghai New World)
Ranked #10 of 16,926 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Neighborhood: Xintiandi
Chiba, Japan
“Best dumpling ever!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I've never had great dumpling in my life. I enjoyed a lot their food, service. I want to try again before I leave Shanghai this time.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
NYC
“Good service and dumplings”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I went with a group of friends to Din Tai Fung in Xintiandi last night. Since we didn't have a reservation, they gave us a number and said it would be about 30 minutes. With a big board announcing which numbers they are on, the process was super easy.

We ordered a number of dumpling dishes and some veggies for the group. We really enjoyed the pork and seafood dumplings. The mushroom was not as popular with the group. The veggies were not a strong point. We had the traditional beans with minced pork and it was not good. The other vegetables were better.

Overall the service was good and the food was above average but wouldn't give it 5 stars.

• Visited May 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Excellent "First Stop" for New Visitors to Shanghai...”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

After three years living in Shanghai, we have learned that Din Tai Fung is an excellent "first stop" for visitors to the 'Hai. Great service, fun food, English on the menus and high quality, interesting food make the "Fung" a great first stop. Have the soup dumplings, pick a few "wild cards" from the menu and relax. You will be in good hands there, and the people watching while you wait for a table is fantastic.

• Visited April 2013
Pelotas, RS
“Good, but...”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

expensive and touristy. I've been in China (Hangzhou and Shanghai) now for 16 days, having dinner almost every night out. For most of the time I had local people to guide me to good and inexpensive places. Today, I decided to try Din Tai Fung - in fact I went to the Yu Garden mall shop. Service was just OK, there is a good variety of dumplings and other stuff. The food (pork and shrimp, and mushroom mix dumplings, pak choi with ginger) was good but not better from what I have had in other places for half the price.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank VSOP_AOC
Nj
“Busy and delicious”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Xintiandi is a really fun place to go at night. Din Tai Fung one of the busiest restaurants in the area so be prepared to wait. Reasonably priced, great food.

Visited April 2013