“Brilliant Service and Staff”

Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai
Ranked #121 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Melbourne, Australia
“Brilliant Service and Staff”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed for business during ITMA. Facilities excellent, staff very attentive. Nigel, the GM at this hotel has done a wonderful job developing a high standard in all areas. Definitely staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear ianash,

It was a pleasure having you and your associates stay with us, we hope we were able to contribute in a small way to your successful business trip.
I am exceedingly fortunate to have a fantastic team who all play a critical part in providing the experience you encountered. I will certainly pass on your gratitude.
Thank you again for taking time to pass on your comments, also be assured we value your business and look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have been staying at this Crowne Plaza for about three years and it seems to get better every time. It is not in the city center but the location is perfect if you business keeps you in Pudong and still very convenient to downtown Shanghai or the Bund by a short inexpensive taxi.

I love the quiet location, close to dining and night life at thumb square and century park. The rooms not generally my style but the are large and well kept. I absolutely hate the work desk in the room, mostly because I always seem to hit my knees on them!

For me though it is the service that really shines. From check in to check out they just do an excellent job. When I came up to my room the Hotel General Manager Mr. Edwards and his staff were in my room making sure everything was just right. I love the fruit and personal note from him and it really shows his commitment in making each guest stay truly wonderful.

The club room staff is wonderful as well, I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Logan Goulagny and he really strove to make every guest welcome and taken care of. I wish him luck in his career in the hotel industry.

The value for this hotel is very good as well!

I can't recommend highly enough this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Scpenquin,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to post your comments on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to have met you upon your arrival.
The team will be thrilled to receive your positive feedback; it helps in guiding us in the right direction and encourages empowerment. I will also personally thank Logan; he is a true ambassador and contributes a huge amount to our service quality as other before have commented.
You quite rightly pointed out that our location lends itself to be a small oasis in the fascinating and bustling city of Shanghai, however still with adequate attractions and activities close by to occupy any free time you may have.
Thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai. We truly appreciate your business, value your support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

Nigel R Edwards
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

the location isnt the best not much around the hotel but the train station is a 10 min walk that connects you to everywhere , good breakfast and very clean rooms, all in all a very good business hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear azmat7,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your stay with us, we truly appreciate your feedback.
The entire team will be pleased to learn that the overall product and services met your expectations and that you enjoyed breakfast.
I trust your visit to our city was successful one and the hotel was able to provide the necessary essentials for your business trip. Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon.

Perth Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

After staying at this hotel many times on business returning to the CP Century Park feels like a Shanghai home away from home.
It has been sometime since my last visit and to see the friendly old faces and some new ones is always comforting.
From check in to check out is what i have become accustomed to, great service
friendly faces and the willingness to help by all members of the staff.
The upgrade to a Suite was a surprise kind gesture shown to me and greatly
appreciated a thanks to Nigel once again.
For those who do not want to be on the Puxi side of the river and would like to be in a quieter part of Shanghai (yes it is possible) i would recommend the CP Century Park as the place to stay

Keep up the great work and see you again soon

Room Tip: Club Level rooms or Corner Suites
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Paul B,

I was grateful to meet you again during your last visit and will certainly pass on your positive feedback to the entire hotel team.
Thanks again for providing us this valuable feedback and we appreciate you choosing The Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai.
We certainly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Sincerely yours,.
Nigel R Edwards
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have stayed with IGH hotel for over then years and this it the first time that I was told to pay a restaurant bill in cash or local credit card, as it is independent to the hotel . In fact, the Japanese restaurant is in the second floor and outsiders are unable to access without going through the hotel lobby, then take the hotel lift/elevator. The restaurant is even listed in the hotel's Guest Service and Facilities that put in the desk of my room. I don't have cash or local credit card and I am not allowed to sign the bill. They should put a sign outside the restaurant to tell everyone the rule, not after I finished my dinner.

In addition, countless defaults, including unstable water pressure and temperature that you need to finish bath within twenty seconds, noisy air-conditioning, dated decor, unresponsive staff.....

If I don't have to stay close to Pudong for meeting to avoid traffic jam in the morning, I shall definitely stay away from this hotel and choose Hotel Indigo in the other side of Shanghai. The difference of Heaven and Hell.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with stable water pressure and temperature, especially in winter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Allan H
Dear Allan H,
Thank you for taking your time to share with us the experience of your recent stay here in Shanghai. We offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused which is totally uncompromising with our aim to provide a great experience and value to our guests.
As you mentioned the Japanese restaurant is operated by an independent party so we will obviously meet with the responsible parties to explain the unacceptable behavior and inconvenience that you endured. I am apologetic that the restaurant in question did not contact our hotel service team immediately to enquire if the hotel could have helped facilitate the transaction. I will ensure this instruction is passed on and followed up.
The team and I are also concerned with the other issues that you have highlighted so please be assured that we will look into to them with diligence. I would be pleased to continue this dialogue in more depth. As we do not have your personal details and if you have a spare moment I would appreciate you contacting me on the following email address. nigel.edwards@ihg.com
Once again we regret to learn of your disappointment and hope you would allow us another opportunity to serve you better and enjoy our hospitality as many before have and expressed on this forum.

Sincerely yours,.
Nigel Edwards.
Suzhou, China
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for weekend with my wife after staying in Sheraton for a week. The color in Crown Plaza looks nice but defect is room hardware. The shower water flow is not constant and temperature is also changed during taking shower. It is not a good experience. Only highlight is pillow change speed and speed for check out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Justin Ye,

Thank you for taking your time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased you recognized our service during your staying. The satisfaction and comfort of our guests is of paramount importance. Please be assured that your comments regarding shower in guest room will be passed to senior management for improvement.
Despite the disappointments we trust your visit to Shanghai was a successful one, thank you once again for choosing Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai. We appreciate very much your support and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights. The room are spacious, will maintained and furnished. The staff is excellent and highly service oriented. Food is great. Bring centrally located is the biggest advantage. Close proximity to shopping centres, tourist places, pubs & restaurants makes it a great place to stay. Rooms are priced reasonably well. Spa is good but expensive.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nigel E, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Century Park Shanghai, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Sony S,

Thank you very much for taking time to post your views on the experience you encountered during your extended stay with us, we truly appreciate your feedback.
I am pleased you believed the rooms were priced reasonably nd you enjoyed the food in our restaurant. I will pass on your comments to the Spa Company as it is operated independently from the hotel.
As you mentioned, our hotel is located in Pudong, the heart of the new business area of Shanghai, 10 minutes to Metro Line 2 and Metro Line 9 is only 5 minutes from the hotel, it is ideally located for both a business and leisure visit.
Once again we truly appreciate your business and support and anticipate welcoming you back again soon. Your comments have been shared with the entire team.