“Wie in Wien”

Neighborhood: Former French Concession
Shanghai
“Wie in Wien”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This is a perfect place for a peace of Cake and a coffee. Small, cute and high quality.
Can only recommend this place

Shanghai
“Over hyped”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I found it online and went there while with my girlfriend on our weekly strolls through Shanghai. The lineup was not super long, but I think we were just lucky. The cake LOOKS AMAZING, but really just tastes average with an above average price. I don't think I would go back again. If I do, I'll definitely just have a coffee though.

1 Thank Jameschang71
Melbourne, Australia
“Expected Better”
Reviewed December 25, 2011

The cakes look great but are not moist. Disappointed on two occasions. Won't return.

1 Thank Bradstir
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food and coffee and grumpy manager let this place down!”
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My partner and I visited this cafe after hearing about it from a friend - I thought that it would be a refreshing change to the usual big coffee chains, however we were totally disappointed with the quality of the coffee and cakes on offer. We had a white chocolate cheesecake which didn't have an ounce of white chocolate flavour to it and was very dry, almost like a sponge cake rather than a rich, creamy chesecake should be - we even had to wash it down with our coffee because it was so dry! It was also tasteless and therefore very disappointing - maybe other cakes are better? The coffees were also very expensive for what they were and were nothing special at all. The western lady who I assume is the manager couldn't raise a single smile and looked very miserable and grumpy - not a great welcome when you enter the cafe! I definitely wouldn't go again - there are better independent and unique coffee shops around the city.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank nipon4
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“cutest and finest european style café in shanghai! great austrian cakes and good coffee! wunderbar! located in...”
Reviewed July 11, 2008

cutest and finest european style café in shanghai! great austrian cakes and good coffee! wunderbar! located in shaoxing rd. between yongjia rd , shaanxi rd and jianguo rd in xuhui district.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook