“Special ocassion made very speciall”

Sofitel Mosaic Restaurant
Ranked #259 of 17,398 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: People’s Square
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I was contemplating how to surprise my Wife for our Anniversary. Well, found out that there is a new French Executive Chef. He had made a fantastic event by cooking classical french meal for us (plus our tail consisting of our daughter, my wife's sister and our nephew). Service was just impeccable and my wife declared this the best outing she ever had on our Anniversary (and this was the 26th, so she had a "body of work" to compare with). Chef Sacha's cooking was nothing short of spectacular. The most surprising, however, was wine list. I was surprised that nice French wines can be have at Sofitel for much less than in other compatible venues. I would sincerely recommend to have your special occasion there or just drop-by for their great buffet. You will not be disappointed!

SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Mosaic Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Tulacz,

Merci beaucoup for your wonderful feedback.

We are all very excited to read that your Anniversary spent with us was so special and we have certainly shared your comments with all Sofitel Ambassadors.

On behalf of all Sofitel Ambassadors, especially our Mosaic team and Sacha, Merci and we hope to see you soon!

Daniela Karadzhova
Quality Manager
Sofitel Shanghai Hyland

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great experience from the entrance until we left. We started off with some nice promotional cocktail at the bar 555. Margaritta took all the time to explain us the specialities from the kitchen. Conveniently they had a nice board with all specials so that we could easily remember. Must try is the beef burger & home made beer.
Wine was recommended and completed the meal just perfect.
Topped was the dinner at the end with the fantastic cheese plate... Give it a try!
Surprisingly, the bill was moderate which made this lovely dinner great value for money!

SofitelSHHyland, Manager at Sofitel Mosaic Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear spitfire210,

Merci beaucoup for your feedback.

We are glad you enjoyed our superb cuisine and home-made beer and we will certainly share your comments with all Sofitel Ambassadors as they encourage us to continue providing impeccable service to our guests.

We hope to have the plaisir to welcome you again

Life is Magnifique at Sofitel Shanghai Hyland!

Daniela Karadzhova
Quality Manager
Sofitel Shanghai Hyland

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I travel to Shanghai on business at least six times a year, and have made this my Shanghai home away from home. The Sofitel is located in a perfect location, in the midst of the action on Nanjing Road, a short walk from the Bund, and close to the rail station.
The Sofitel has a terrific executive floor (highly recommend upgrading to that), which entitles you to a full breakfast (either in the second floor restaurant or on the top floor), nightly wine, and a terrific place to congregate or have a brief business meeting.
The rooms are modern, well-appointed, and comfortable.
The staff has been there for a long time, and they still care about you, and go out of their way to welcome you upon your return, either at the end of a long day or whenever I return to the city after a few months away.
The buffet on the second level is excellent, and they have two additional restaurants in the hotel, each of which is good to excellent.
The hotel is modern but not new, and there was a rumor floating around that Sofitel was going to leave once their management contract expired. I was a little concerned, but I understand that this won't happen.
You can stay at much more expensive hotels in the city now (The Four Seasons, etc.), but for simple convenience, coupled with good service and well-appointed rooms and decent food you cannot do better than this place.
The hotel is also very close to the 2 line, so riding by subway is convenient if floating around Shanghai and trying to avoid the horrible city traffic.
If I have but one complaint, it's that you're immediately bombarded by street vendors the second you leave the hotel, but that's typical of Shanghai, not necessarily this hotel. It's just the way it is.
It's quiet, it's clean, and it's not expensive (compared to other properties).
All things considered, you could do a little better, but MUCH much worse.

1  Thank sgtbilko2001
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We ate at the Sofitell every morning even though we did not stayed there. The food is great! So tasty! many choices.. And the cakes and pastry I miss it! I heard from friends that dinner are great too. sorry I didn't have the chance.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

all is made for you to find what you want to eat , various food, various drink, breakfast is as you wish , fruit, very good yogourt, various bread, all kind of beverage, you can choose different kind of eggs..