“Good value in Xintiandi!”

ShangHai Ye ShangHai (Xintiandi)
Ranked #82 of 16,951 Restaurants in Shanghai
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Xintiandi
Manila, Philippines
“Good value in Xintiandi!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had dinner in this restaurant during a business trip. Great ambiance and good attentive service! Good hairy crab - but my favorite was the mango pudding! Price was reasonable. Good place to go in Xintiandi. Wouldn't recommend for big groups though - we were only seven people and we had to be split into 2 tables. We got to move to one big round table later on - but this was after we've practically finished our meal (not sure if there's more seating in the second floor).

• Visited October 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
“great Shanghainese food!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Located at Xintiandi,
Restaurant has very nice atmosphere, you can chooseto sit at downstairs or upstairs. Different table sets fit for family, business and dating.
Shanghainese food there is very tasty

• Visited June 2012
Vicenza
“Working dinner”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

ate very well and spent about $ 20.
Food varied and very good.
The pleasant atmosphere and the staff were very attentive and helpful.
Drank beer place, good and not expensive.

Visited September 2012
“Living up expectations”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Ye shanghai is a decent Chinese restaurant in a nice old traditional style Chinese house in Xintiandi. The food menu is comprehensive and serves the local & seasonable specialties. Drink list is extensive as well, but prices are relatively high. Service is impeccable when we were there. The location is convenient as many pubs and coffee shops around the corner in Xintiandi. Highly recommendable.

• Visited September 2012
NNJ
“Good, but not as good as before”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ye Shanghai had been my favorite until this visit (two months ago). I used to like their food, service, and ambiance too, and always recommended it to my friends or others here, although it’s expensive.

This time, somehow, I felt that something has been changed (my suspicion is that the owner or management had been changed, but I could be 100% wrong). The wait staffs were not as attentive as before, seemed like they just got the job a few months ago (still professional though). The wine list was extensive for a Chinese restaurant, but seemed more expensive than any top NYC restaurant. The wine list seemed hasn’t been updated for more than a year. Our first two choices were not available any more. Finally we got a $15 2010 Kandall-Jackson Chardonnay for ~$80! (again on the list it was 2009, for the same price). The food was as good as before, well prepared with western style portion (right size to my taste).

It’s a still a good choice for a first time visitor (my kids liked it very much too), but for me I will go there only if I will bring a first-time-visitor friend.

BTW it serves mainly Shanghai cuisine.

• Visited July 2012