“Reliable salads and juices”

Element Fresh Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 16,906 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: Chinese, American, Asian, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Jing'an
Description: Element Fresh - enjoying fresh food! Most famous for great salads, sandwiches, juices and smoothies, Element Fresh also offers a variety of Asian dishes and a creative dinner menu. Every year since the first Element Fresh restaurant opened its doors in 2002, readers of popular magazines have awarded us top honors for our food and service.We are passionate about bringing you the fresh food in China to you.
Bali
“Reliable salads and juices”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I like this place. Its offerings are pretty good and the selections are generally tasty across the board. One day due to work schedule I even had two meals here - a lunch and a dinner. Atmosphere is quite different between the 2 settings, but food and service are consistently good.

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Predictable @ reasonable price”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I like Element Fresh because its normally big sortiment of salads, juices and other non Chinese dishes at a relative low price level. It's not a culinary experience, but You know that You normally get good stuff.

• Visited February 2013
Shenyang, Liaoning, China
“YUMMY!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Loved this restaurant! It's a little pricey, but the atmosphere is nice and the food is amazingly delicious! My husband had a cobb salad that he was impressed with, and I had a steak salad, which was amazing. Unfortunately I only got to eat about half the steak because everyone wanted me to share it- it was that good. We will definitely be back!

Visited March 2013
Shanghai, China
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do Not Eat Here!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have been to element fresh many times and had enjoyable experiences in the past. However my experience there this past weekend caused me to write this poor review. First we ordered two cowboy breakfasts, steaks medium and what I thought was a salmon omlette with two gin and tonics, a bloody mary, a tea and a capuccino. What appeared was a two cowboy steaks, one of which was beyond rare, a bloody may and a single gin STRAIGHT! Who on earth drinks gin straight?! Also why was there only one? We sent the gin back, asked for katchup, a recooked steak and both gin and tonics. The katchup came after 10 minutes-it was empty! We asked 4 times for our gin and tonics that we saw melting on the bar through the window, they only brought them after another 20 minutes. Finally I went up to speak to the manager to get my steak cooked to medium after 25 minutes. He came to our table and after i showed him that the steak was uncooked inside poked it with his fingers! At this point I lost my temper and demanded free drinks which we got resistance to, a new steak (not into eating manhandled meat at 'fresh' restaurants and a new bloody bottle of katchup)! The new bottle of katchup came 35 minutes after we sat down, the drinks were complimentary but they brought me back the same steak! At this I thew down a little cash and left. Maybe their comprehension of english is bad but their service is worse- I dont even want to imagine what they are doing with their food behind the scenes if they are touching customers steaks at their tables. I will never eat there again and recommend you don't either.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank macadocious1987
coconutsun
“Healthy, fusion food never to disappoint!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband loves Element Fresh so we eat there all the time. The quality of their food is fantastic, portions are generous and you can feel that things are fresh (not always the norm here in Shanghai unfortunately). The staff speak pretty good English and the place is obviously expat friendly with expat prices to match. We still frequent here because of its comfortable environment, delicious food that I know I won't get sick with and wonderful service. However, the juices are pricey for what they are (5 euros for a juice- i prefer to go to a nearby convenient store to get 2 bottles) 8-9euros for a sandwich is definitely not cheap but at least they are tasty. In some European cities you pay the same tourist prices but food still taste like crap. So Element fresh can get away with it ;-)