“breakfast and lunch”

Element Fresh Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 17,076 Restaurants in Shanghai
Cuisines: American, Asian, Healthy
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Jing'an
Description: Element Fresh - enjoying fresh food! Most famous for great salads, sandwiches, juices and smoothies, Element Fresh also offers a variety of Asian dishes and a creative dinner menu. Every year since the first Element Fresh restaurant opened its doors in 2002, readers of popular magazines have awarded us top honors for our food and service.We are passionate about bringing you the fresh food in China to you.
Reviewed January 24, 2013

they serve nice breakfast/brunch and super salads. i also like the fresh juice even thou it's on the expensive side - especially compared to the food!
the cobb salat is my favorite there!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a review of Element Fresh on Donghu Lu
Good first: clean, well maintained restaurants. Food looks good and because you can see into the kitchen you can see they are using sanitary cooking practices. Most of the wait staff speak English and there are a lot of ex-pat eating there all the time. Dishes come out quickly and are big and well prepared.

Bad bits: Food is very expensive. For one Cobb salad and one Diet Coke I paid 96 rmb. Also, I have ordered delivery three times and every time something has been wrong with the order. One time they brought me the wrong salad. I called and told them about the mistake. They brought the correct salad back, but would only give it to me if I give them the first salad back and made sure that I did not eat any of it.

So, eat at the restaurant. Expect good food, good service, but expensive check at the end. Avoid the delivery service.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This time I went to the Element fresh near HuangPi Road. The food was very good and Lily my waitress was excellent. I will definitely go back there.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stopped off without knowing anything about the chain and was surprised and pleased with the whole experience. I'd expected a larger vegetarian section than was on offer, but they were happy to adjust a dish or two. A colleague ordered salmon which came undercooked, and they very graciously offered a new dish, free desserts and profuse apologies. We were impressed. My only quibble would be that it is a little on the pricey side when not ordering meat - but overall the experience is worth it.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

If you need a break from Chinese food, try Element Fresh at several locations in Shanghai. We went twice for lunch and were very impressed with the quality and the flavour of the food. Their soups are fresh and delicious, the sandwiches creative and yummy and so is the pasta and the desserts...

Overall a great experience with good service. I would for sure come back.